What's new

The Gentlemens shop?

Who has had experience with online orders from the Gentlemens shop? Do they deliver your order fast? How are their prices compared to others?

Robert and company are AWESOME. Prices are reasonable, they ship fast, and customer service is superb. Order with confidence.

I actually have a package winging its way to me from them as we speak...

S

Sam

Robert is doing me a personal favor in accepting shipment of cologne from France since the perfumer will not ship to the US. I will buy some stuff from him, and I will say that when I ordered my Kent BK8 and some skin food, he had the lowest prices in the world. He does know his stuff and he is an actual barber and gives shaves (Castle Forbes recruited him to come to NYC to Saks I think, or some store there, to shave their customers when they were introducing new products).

Sam

TGS is my shop of choice for supplies now. I have placed 3 orders with them in the last month and all were delivered very fast, and at good prices.

I'm going to their actual shop next weekend for a straight shave and a haircut, and no doubt to pick up some more creams and maybe a slantbar while I'm there. :w00t:

Robert and crew are highly recommended. :thumbup:

No problems with the Gentlemen's Shop. I went there myself a couple of weeks ago as it's not far away. A costly visit!

Nice place and very friendly.

One of these days, I must book a proper shave there.

Gareth

Excellent people - I've visited them a couple of times and ordered from their website and would recommend them to anybody.

The TGS website says that a signature is always required at delivery. Isn't that problematic for people like me who are never home during the day? I don't recall ever having to sign for a shaving package from anyone else, and believe me, I've received many (including a bunch from The English Shaving Company).

Regards,
John

greendyk said:
The TGS website says that a signature is always required at delivery. Isn't that problematic for people like me who are never home during the day? I don't recall ever having to sign for a shaving package from anyone else, and believe me, I've received many (including a bunch from The English Shaving Company).

Regards,
John

Hi John,

A signature based service ensures that we can track our consignments until delivered by USPS. Obviously if you are not in your local mail man will try and leave the parcel with a neighbour or a contact number for the mail office. We are also happy to ship to third party addresses, like your work address.

Within the Uk things are even better. We have just signed a dea with a courier company for evening deliveries to our customers homes, but more about that later....

Regards, Robert

I have a small complain to express. The availability of the products seems to be inaccurate. For instance, I ordered a tube of AoS bergamot hair gel which actually was not on stock. To avoid any further delay, Robert was very professional and split my order in two. I received my first parcel last week with a note stating a second parcel would be dispatched later.

However, it does not diminish my satisfaction with his service.

Lyrt said:
I have a small complain to express. The availability of the products seems to be inaccurate. For instance, I ordered a tube of AoS bergamot hair gel which actually was not on stock. To avoid any further delay, Robert was very professional and split my order in two. I received my first parcel last week with a note stating a second parcel would be dispatched later.

However, it does not diminish my satisfaction with his service.

Thank you for the support.

Our web business sold as much in August as in November 2005 and we have been overwhelmed with the increase in business. Currently we are working on installing an EPOS system in the retail shop to link to our website database, so out of stock items should be removed from the site quicker. The second part of your order will not incurr anyadditioanl postage costs for yourself and will include a generous helping of samples!

Regards, Robert

As you all can see, Robert is a fine gentleman with whom one may deal with confidence. Now if he could only get that exchange rate squared away...:001_rolle

english_barber said:
The second part of your order [...] will include a generous helping of samples!

Regards, Robert
Well, that is absolutely nice. I do appreciate.

(And yes, the exchange rates are fine where they are…)

Hey Robert,

Could it be there's something wrong with the site? When I try click on one of the submenu items the page itself doesn't update, so I'm not able to view the different products. Tried this in both Firefox and IE.

If anybody else can test this, please let me know. Maybe it's just me, that can also be the case. :wink:

Edit: seems to be fixed now. Was something wrong earlier this evening because the links for all the submenus directed you to a shoppingcart link. Right now they link to the correct subsections. You can skip this post! :001_smile

Top Bottom