What's new

The Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf

This fine SE found its way to my mailbox earlier today. The GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf is a solid bar TTO version of the GEM SE razor line:

proxy.php

I'll be using a GEM Personna SE PTFE blade in it for Saturday's shave. The lather will be Taconic Lime:

proxy.php

Underneath the GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf:

proxy.php

The SE blade loaded up and ready for action:

proxy.php

This is a really clean, ready to go SE:

proxy.php

More to follow tomorrow morning!

The Clug Pruf is my favorite of the GEM razors to shave with. It's shaves like a dream and built like a tank. It's also the very first safety razor I bought.

I just completed what may be the smoothest, most comfortable shave of my life.

If you've viewed SE as "styptic pencil central", fear no more. The Clog-Pruf is here!

This is caveated by disclosing I did load a Gem Personna PTFE that is on its second shave (prior shave was in the MM OC).

This razor and blade combination is a smooth, easy to use, very mellow yet efficient pairing. I was so taken aback by how easy it was (not even the hint of excess aggressiveness) I just found my new daily driver. This is crazy. No matter the direction of pass (I do N/S followed by back to front on cheeks and S/N on neck) this razor cooperated in the most effective manner.

Many have posted "beware the SE, for it will make you forget about your DE's permanently". Now I know what they are talking about!

A special shout out to Taconic Lime for making a great soap and Razorock silver badger barber pole brush.

Good grief!

The Clug Pruf is my favorite of the GEM razors to shave with. It's shaves like a dream and built like a tank. It's also the very first safety razor I bought.

I know exactly what you mean sir!

One feature of the Gem MM line that works for me is the handle. It just feels "right".

My DE's will be taking a hiatus!

Top Bottom