What's new

"The Fridgedor" more than a year in service.

Just thought I would post an update on the 'fridgedor' and my reflections after a little more than a year of service. It has done a wonderful job of keeping my stogies in top shape. Here's what I learned.
I had to abandon the refrigeration aspect for temperature control as the fluctuation was just too much and the refrigerated air was just too dry so RH was very unstable. I un-plugged the fridge and through the hot summer months, I used a couple of gallon containers of water. There is a chest freezer right next to the fridgedor, so I put the frozen water container in the top (freezer compartment) to cool the box below. About once a week I would just swap the thawed container for a frozen one. This worked great. I won't have to do this in the winter. The Humi-beads also helped to keep the RH constant. Because the box is air-tight when closed and insulated, it does a great job of keeping things consistent. It is easier to maintain than my desktop humi and it holds a bunch of sticks. Over all it is a success and I am pleased with it. About 3/4 of the 600+ sticks have more than a year in the 'fridgedor'. Also, my basement is not climate controlled. If this were in the house, it would be nearly maintenance free.

1024170748.jpg
1024170750.jpg

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice, Ronnie! I'm trying so very hard not to order a box or two after looking at your stash! :thumbup1: It looks like you've made a bit of a dent in your supply since the last photo update.

Nice, Ronnie! I'm trying so very hard not to order a box or two after looking at your stash! :thumbup1: It looks like you've made a bit of a dent in your supply since the last photo update.

I have smoked quite a few, but also, I've decided what I really like. I've PIFed away a good portion and now, most everything you see are my favorites. I have a couple of boxes on the way and now I'm only buying when I find a super deal.

Top Bottom