What's new

THE FOUR F's-FLUFFERNUTTER FRIDAY FEBRUARY FIFTH

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is peanut butter and jelly a "thing" there?

Ah, now that was a staple for me for after-school snacks when I was growing up. Normally I'd get to use my Mum's home-made bread (old-school recipe that was denser and more substantial than puffy bakery bread) and her home-made raspberry "freezer jam" (less sugar than regular jam, and tastes a lot more like fresh fruit than cooked-fruit-and-sugar ... but you have to store it in the freezer, and then in the fridge when using it.)

And always open-faced!

The sandwich looks perfect.

Do you guys do an open-faced fluffernutter? Or is that "not kosher"?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Ah, now that was a staple for me for after-school snacks when I was growing up. Normally I'd get to use my Mum's home-made bread (old-school recipe that was denser and more substantial than puffy bakery bread) and her home-made raspberry "freezer jam" (less sugar than regular jam, and tastes a lot more like fresh fruit than cooked-fruit-and-sugar ... but you have to store it in the freezer, and then in the fridge when using it.)

And always open-faced!

Do you guys do an open-faced fluffernutter? Or is that "not kosher"?
I've never tried one open faced- probably because in my case open face would end in sticky face!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've never tried one open faced- probably because in my case open face would end in sticky face!

Late to the party, as always, but. :a39:

All I can say is, a happy person doesn't buy donuts - or make a "sandwich" like this ... :eek2:

fn.jpg

Yes, this horrible mess was. ... delicious.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That looks delicious- was it toasted?

There was a toasted flatbread underneath, so. Caused all the peanut butter and fluff to melt down like Krakatoa. :ohmy: Herculaneum?

:eek2:This sugary thing gave me heart palpitations. I can still feel it.

Probably had my last such in 1975. Thanks for the revisit! (A jar of fluff is like $1.34!)

AA

Top Bottom