What's new

The First Shave Soap that made you say WOW! The second soap, the second WOW!

Until recently, I've only used creams. My first wow was with Mikes Natural Soaps....awesome! I haven't picked out my next soap yet, but it will be from an artisan shop.

Ha! Another convert. My story is exactly the same as yours. I went from using only creams to using mostly soaps, all by B&B's favorite artisan soap makers. Mike's was my first too, quickly followed by Mystic Waters and later by QCS.

I love supporting our B&B vendors.

Nick

Valobra stick. I was on the road and that stick gave me my first taste of first rate, tallowy goodness. No soap has exceeded this in my eyes.

QCS Vostok made me say "Wow" due to its intense menthol punch. I love that stuff when I'm in the mood to freeze my face!

First WOW - AOS Lavender. Very luxurious, creamy lather, wonderful scent, and nice post-shave feeling. At a cost of $26/puck I said I could do that.
Second WOW - VDH Deluxe. Luxurious, creamy lather, neutral scent, and nice post-shave feeling. At $1.59/puck I said why use anything else. I bought a 3-year supply (probably more) for what it would've cost me for one AOS replacement puck. I can't justify the cost of using anything other than VDH Deluxe.

First wow was Tabac. My sensitive skin didn't like the shave stick but loved it grated and lathered in a bowl.

The second wow is a tie for Razorock Napoleon's Violet and Cella. Love the lather and moisturized feel after the shave for both.

Upcoming wows include Mike's soaps. I have a handful of samples yet to be lathered but they are the best smelling soaps I've found. Fake wow is Arko. Loved it earlier this week because of the lather but since then it seemed drying for my sensitive skin. Moved it to a bowl and am going to try to add some glycerine. Boo.

Mike's was definitely my first. I think it spoiled me into expecting that kind of performance. While MW and Strop Shoppe delivered that performance, it wasn't "wow" anymore. Since then, my only other "wow" experience was Santa Maria Novella. Simply awesome.

My first WOW moment was with Strop Shoppe Special Edition Black Tie with tallow. Prior to that soaps I had only used were VDH (decent but nothing to write home about) and Colonel Conk (kinda disappointing). I lathered the Strop Shoppe up and it was an entirely different experience from VDH and Col Conk.

C&E Sienna. The first time I used it, my wife said "You made the whole house smell good!"
Then my brother gave me a vintage puck of Old Spice. Incomparable lather!

First was GFT almond, not necessarily because of the smell or the lather, for the results. i didnt have any irritation.
Second was Mike's Orange, because i got the same results as the Trumpers with a better smell and at a third of the price

The first was MWF. The lather was leaping off the brush on the first pass...and still leaping off after the third.
The second was Tabac. Luxurious lather, but the scent took a while to grow on me.

First soap I tried was VDH glycerin I think it is a fine soap. Went to DR Harris almond because I don't like heavy scents. Was impressed on how richly and easily it lathered. Love it, but I am sure I will be trying more.

First wow? Arko. But that was coming from Surrey/VDH. Second wow? MWF. Loved the lanolin. Third wow? Tabac. The gold standard. Fourth wow? Vintage Old Spice. Hey - this old soap is as good as Tabac! Fifth wow? La Toja. A veggie soap can perform like this!? Sixth wow? Cella. Better than everything I read and the scent is so pleasant. Hopefully the wows keep coming!

Top Bottom