What's new

The final 10! Pick your favorite reaction to add

What reaction do you want to have added?

Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 2 3.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 7.8%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 10 15.6%

Votes: 7 10.9%

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like negative reactions of any kind. Gentlemen don't broadcast negative reactions to someone on a global forum. I believe if someone finds a post disagreeable they should just move on to the hundreds of enjoyable and educational posts available here.

That's true, but the thing is that some people want to turn this forum into grandma's cooking forum or something of the sort. Being nice and friendly is never a bad thing, but when is too much it becomes creepy.

That's true, but the thing is that some people want to turn this forum into grandma's cooking forum or something of the sort. Being nice and friendly is never a bad thing, but when is too much it becomes creepy.

Counterpoint: it is still quite simple to disagree with someone, respectfully, without the need for an accompanying emoji.

From my post above:
"I believe if someone finds a post disagreeable they should just move on to the hundreds of enjoyable and educational posts available here."
The Mess Hall gets plenty of attention, some folks like it.
I personally haven't read all the way through a discussion of a modern razor that cost more than $100.
Let me tell you about the '37 Sheraton I'm about done cleaning up, you may be interested but the fellers that only want to talk about something hand machined one at a time don't care.
There's room for all, we don't need a way to publicly shame those whose interests or questions have been discussed many times or that we just don't care about.
Edit: added italics

From my post above:
"I believe if someone finds a post disagreeable they should just move on to the hundreds of enjoyable and educational posts available here."
The Mess Hall gets plenty of attention, some folks like it.
I personally haven't read all the way through a discussion of a modern razor that cost more than $100.
Let me tell you about the '37 Sheraton I'm about done cleaning up, you may be interested but the fellers that only want to talk about something hand machined one at a time don't care.
There's room for all, we don't need a way to publicly shame those whose interests or questions have been discussed many times or that we just don't care about.
Edit: added italics

We're obviously talking about two different things here and I think I've spend way too much time discussing emojis with random people on the internet and it seems that people are taking my joke way more serious than I expected. If that emoji is going to make the folks around here happy who am I to stop them?

Top Bottom