What's new

The Farmer's Market

strop

Now half as wise
Saturday's score at the Farmer's Markett. Love tge summer when we can get fresh produce. Not pictured is a loaf of jalapeño cheese bread and a couple of "free range" steaks. Has been raining every day since so still haven't had a chance to throw them on the grill.

$20160813_174719.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nice haul Mark. I love a farmers market run. I'm always looking for garlic, greens, eggs and of course tomatos.

Last edited:
Nice haul Mark. I love a farmers market fun. I'm always looking for garlic, greens, eggs and of course tomatos.

Yes, fresh tomato's. We grow several varieties in our garden every year. I live up in Minnesota so the growing season is short and the tomatoes haven't come in yet, but it wont be long now. Mmmmmmmm.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes, fresh tomato's. We grow several varieties in our garden every year. I live up in Minnesota so the growing season is short and the tomatoes haven't come in yet, but it wont be long now. Mmmmmmmm.

Good luck on that Snowman. Down here I'm starting on a fall tomato crop. The seedlings are 6 inches tall and waiting for me to build my raised bed and all this rain to stop.

Good luck on that Snowman. Down here I'm starting on a fall tomato crop. The seedlings are 6 inches tall and waiting for me to build my raised bed and all this rain to stop.

I'm jealous. No Fall crops here. Some years I will start growing some tomato plants in the house in February and then transplant them to the garden in late May after that pesky white stuff is gone. Then I can get multiple crops. Otherwise the growing season is pretty much mid to late May thru late August at best.

Coincidentally, my wife just walked in from the garden with a bucket of tomatoes. I didn't see which variety but she said there are tons of them that we need to pick later this week. :thumbup1:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
We are only in mid August. Seems early but one of my neighbors had an incredible sized pot on a burner just outside his garage and about a dozen empty bushel baskets. I guess the time for making tomato sauce has arrived.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Saturday's score at the Farmer's Markett. Love tge summer when we can get fresh produce. Not pictured is a loaf of jalapeño cheese bread and a couple of "free range" steaks. Has been raining every day since so still haven't had a chance to throw them on the grill.
That is why I love my carport- rain cannot stop me.

I received almost no rain. It rained a lot up here, just not at my house. I have a leaky backflow valve (I think) on my sprinkler system, so if I don't shut off the water supply for my sprinklers, I leak a lot of water out of it. It makes it a pain to turn on the valve (which is in the ground, next to the water main), use the sprinklers, then turn off. I need to get someone out to my place who knows what they are doing.

View attachment 681707

That's a great basket of food! This is the time of year you need a second fridge to handle all the fresh, local, bounty available out there.
dave

I've worked down by Wall St. and by time square in NYC, but live in the 'country' of NY. I have 4 working farms within a mile of my house and can't wait each year for the one down the road to start putting there stuff out. It's all huge, organic and very cheap. The tomatoes and corn are part of about 3 meals per week in season.
Funny story:
I've learned that beets not only stain your fingers, but what also comes out of the South end! Granted, these beets were so good I easily ate a pound or two over a couple days !:laugh:

Top Bottom