What's new

The everyday carry thread

Hello fellow B&Bers

I have decided that I want to carry a diary and fountain pen with me at all times. I work in a jail and mobile phones are not aloud in so we all carry a diary for our roster and reports ect, but then when I leave work the diary stays in the top pocket of my uniform so relevant information in the diary is useless and I don't want to double handle and fill diary info into my phone and visa versa. So in short I want to carry I diary at all times. I have decided to use the Bullet Journal method that was brought up in the NIB some months ago.

I have already consolidated my wallet and mobile phone into 1 by buying one of those integrated mobile phone wallets to save me vital pocket space (out side of work I am a t-shirt and jeans guy so no top pocket) So I now have one free pocket.

So what I need are some good recommendations for a nice pocket size diary and more importantly a relatively small pocket size fountain pen that is tough enough to live in my front pocket and not explode. It would have to be pretty rugged as Australian temperatures can swing pretty wildly during the summer.

Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.:biggrin1:

Also what is the difference between the AL sport and the Classic sport apart from the $50 difference?

Andy you don't only hail from Australia but my little town too! Where did you buy your TWSBI from Goulet or did you find somewhere in Australia?

Ordered from Goulet, couldn't find anywhere here to purchase.

Also what is the difference between the AL sport and the Classic sport apart from the $50 difference?

As far as I know, the AL sport is Aluminum and the Classic is plastic.

Do you think it would be better than a twsbi mini though. It will be living in my pocket day in day out with a 4 year old constantly trying to jump on me.

Also I could probably go for a quick drying ink also. Just to add to the collecting. Recommendations?

Last edited:
I have both the mini and a Kaweco sport, for me the mini is better as I can use it without posting, with my large hands the Kaweco is too small to use unposted.

Again Andy thanks for coming to the rescue. I think the mini is for me, I like the fact it's piston filled as with the sport I would worry that the cartridge would come loose. I would also buy the demonstrator model that way if anything did go wrong I could spot it before the cap comes off. Looks like I'm going goulet shopping. May as well buy some more ink and paper whilst I'm there

Remember that international postage is on the expensive side, so you need to buy more gear to spread the postage costs over more items, therefore becoming cheaper :thumbsup:

[/enable]

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Do you think it would be better than a twsbi mini though. It will be living in my pocket day in day out with a 4 year old constantly trying to jump on me.

Also I could probably go for a quick drying ink also. Just to add to the collecting. Recommendations?

I own several Kaweco's and another on the way (along with ... :censored: ... oops, almost spoke too soon ... mustn't spoil the surprise ...) and find them very durable. IIRC, in the past Twisbis have had issues with the plastic cracking under stress (people always talk about how great the customer service is with them sending new parts out).

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Kaweco Sport and Levenger shirt pocket briefcase that holds 3" x 5" index cards. Always in my front left pocket as my phone is in my shirt pocket. I never could stand those holsters for cell phones.

Top Bottom