What's new

The Envelope of Soap PIF

I used the soap today, and have to say it was excellent. Easy to lather, nice and creamy, not thirsty (not that I don't like thirsty soap), smells nice, etc.

I would even pay money for some more, considering SliceofLife has some unclaimed envelopes.

So today I pressed the soap into a bowl:

29A11C83-4462-43A9-B1D0-A1D52D67357A.jpeg

Then I had my shave:

2F0ECF8B-4751-4F26-B647-4123690CC60E.jpeg

Oh. My. GOODNESS. @SliceOfLife are you freakin’ kidding me with this stuff??? It is AMAZING. I was able to produce heaps of rich, thick, incredibly slick lather with barely any effort. And the shave? BBS without even trying! I’m not kidding, this was the best shave I’ve had in recent memory. You need to package and sell this stuff. Are you considering it? And if you’re not, can I just pay you for some a few times a year? I seriously have a new favorite soap. This stuff worked better than my best soaps (Tabac, Arko, and Soapy Science).

I'm a bit late reporting back. Thanks for the soap, it performed very well. Easy to lather up with good slickness and cushion. I didn't pick up much of the scent, but that's no fault of the soap.

Glad you're liking it.

I don't sell it, unfortunately. I did sell soap briefly several years back, but the costs of packaging, shipping, etc add up and force it to be priced higher than I feel it's worth it at. Self-distribution for soaps just doesn't work and I don't have the time to even consider creating a "line" to be sold at a vendor.

I started making it again for myself recently as I got tired of using unscented (I've used mostly vintage soaps the past few years). It's the same work to make 5-10 pucks as it is to make 1, so I'll probably make a few pucks here and there to pif or throw in when I ship something from BST in a flat rate.

There are still 4 or 5 unclaimed envelopes though, so if anyone wants an extra, let me know and I'll address them and get them out to you asap. First come first serve.

Glad you're liking it.

I don't sell it, unfortunately. I did sell soap briefly several years back, but the costs of packaging, shipping, etc add up and force it to be priced higher than I feel it's worth it at. Self-distribution for soaps just doesn't work and I don't have the time to even consider creating a "line" to be sold at a vendor.

I started making it again for myself recently as I got tired of using unscented (I've used mostly vintage soaps the past few years). It's the same work to make 5-10 pucks as it is to make 1, so I'll probably make a few pucks here and there to pif or throw in when I ship something from BST in a flat rate.

There are still 4 or 5 unclaimed envelopes though, so if anyone wants an extra, let me know and I'll address them and get them out to you asap. First come first serve.
I'd love another sample to add to my current one. PM'ing.

Glad you're liking it.

I don't sell it, unfortunately. I did sell soap briefly several years back, but the costs of packaging, shipping, etc add up and force it to be priced higher than I feel it's worth it at.
How much would make it worth your while to send out a puck a few times a year? $20 each? More?

All claimed.

Shipping on a puck runs 3-5$ in the US. The problem is just with selling there’s a bunch of other fees like containers, payment processing and listing sites and insurance and it all adds up. Im not looking to get back into selling, but when you get close to running out let me know and I’ll see if I have an extra puck.

All claimed.

Shipping on a puck runs 3-5$ in the US. The problem is just with selling there’s a bunch of other fees like containers, payment processing and listing sites and insurance and it all adds up. Im not looking to get back into selling, but when you get close to running out let me know and I’ll see if I have an extra puck.
And I'm more than happy to compensate you for shipping and your time/trouble.

I just have to say it again. This soap is bonkers. The ingredients are so simple, but the ease of lathering, the quality of the lather, the range of water it can take to meet different preferences... Good stuff.

I just have to say it again. This soap is bonkers. The ingredients are so simple, but the ease of lathering, the quality of the lather, the range of water it can take to meet different preferences... Good stuff.
That’s what I’m saying! I’m gonna be really sad when I use the last of it.

I'll try and do a small pif next time I make a batch. For the rest of the year I only plan on making some body soaps for gifts, but maybe after the holidays. Glad folks are liking the soap.

Top Bottom