What's new

The Envelope of Soap PIF

Used it again today. Magnificent as always.

2B8539EA-A746-4168-A3BF-47326FEB4341.jpeg

No picture, but I treated myself to the Envelope Soap today. Undoubtedly one of my favorites to lather up. Today must have been dialed in perfectly for me. I couldn't get over how slick it was.

Really thrilled everyone's enjoying the soap. No promises but if I find time I might do a small batch before Christmas and pif a puck or two around the holidays or slightly after. Still need to make one more batch of body soap for gifts first.
That would be awesome because I didnt get to try it before. I look forward to hearing any updates.

Really thrilled everyone's enjoying the soap. No promises but if I find time I might do a small batch before Christmas and pif a puck or two around the holidays or slightly after. Still need to make one more batch of body soap for gifts first.

What's your opinion of using Hemp Oil in soap? I can use Bronner for shaving even though I have no success with non-tallow soaps

I haven't used it. It's very similar in makeup to olive oil, so it's not ideal in shaving soap. It makes soft, conditioning soap that doesn't lather very well... Good for two-three fat body soaps with hard lather building fats like coconut, palm, stearic, and tallow.

I haven't used it. It's very similar in makeup to olive oil, so it's not ideal in shaving soap. It makes soft, conditioning soap that doesn't lather very well... Good for two-three fat body soaps with hard lather building fats like coconut, palm, stearic, and tallow.
It’s interesting/telling that you say that, I bought a tub from CBL Soaps that I think was a one-off or experimental base, that includes hemp oil. I’ve been getting lather that’s much more foamy than I’d expect in the first handful of shaves, although the slickness and postshave is still very nice.

So I got to the point where all I had left of this outstanding soap was a smallish ring in the bottom of the bowl. So what is a guy to do?

Smash it into a stick of Arko in a bowl!

CADFC472-26B1-43D6-B357-A269523A2D09.jpeg

Used this magnificent frankensoap this morning. So. Good.

356FDD6B-A3EB-43D7-967D-4E10EC78C8E3.jpeg

1AD03DFB-0C05-46CD-A188-B18C33600A6D.jpeg

Here’s what’s left.

A053C114-F05D-4DAE-BF79-1BA9FFD98371.jpeg

As you can see, I have quite a few great shaves in my future.

Thank you for your generosity, @SliceOfLife !

Top Bottom