What's new

The English Slim-Twist

Oooh! Arrived today. My little English Slim-Twist in soft cream flavor. A gentle 43 grams. Sure to make me smile in the morning.

(As seen in The Beatles: A Hard Day's Night.)

"Honestly! Me mind boggles at the very idea: a grown man and you haven't shaved with a safety razor." -- George

Christopher

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Oooh! Arrived today. My little English Slim-Twist in soft cream flavor. A gentle 43 grams. Sure to make me smile in the morning.

(As seen in The Beatles: A Hard Day's Night.)

"Honestly! Me mind boggles at the very idea: a grown man and you haven't shaved with a safety razor." -- George

Christopher

"I come from a long line of electricians." - Shake :wink:

ummmm. are you telling me that is a 'collectible' razor?

what might one of those be worth?

.... in other words I saw one last weekend and passed on it...:eek:

So cool. I've got to break down and snag one of these off eBay. I keep watching them, but never actually buying one.

"Made In England" stamped on any Gillette is pixie dust to me. They are just inherently cool. It completely makes sense to me that George Harrison would shave with one. Perfectly. In a movie, even. :cool:

I've collected it for my collection, so...yes. It's a collectible razor. (And I love it.) The worth? To the general public? Probably as much as a Super-Speed. No more.

The odd thing? The Gillette book claims the production date starting around 1968, but the movie was made in 1964...and it's clearly a Slim-Twist. (Besides, what other TTO DE razor with TTO knob on the neck and a white ribbed wedge-tipped plastic handle was in production?) However, I found photos in this forum of the same model with a date code (American version?) of J4 (1964), so it's at least as old as the film. And maybe the Beatles got hold of an early edition. After all, they were the Beatles. Who knows?

Anyway...I just LOVE it. =)

Me

Lately I got my brother in law to DE shaving and gave him a Slim Twist. I have another two, so if anyone is interested? The only thing is that the handles are not cream anymore but kind of dark yellow. Is there anybody who knows how to make them white again?
It also gets cracks in the handle quite easy. I had one in the box, it was not used but was cracked though.

Top Bottom