What's new

The end of Zirh?

Being into grooming, I have long appreciated the Zirh line of products for men.
I've seen a lot of companies come and go in the male grooming arena.

They were most recently acquired by AoS/Proctor & Gamble. I was in AoS today, and SA told me they were pulling the plug on Zirh.

I'm bummed. I love their cleanser called "Clean," and have been really hooked on their "Body Bar" bath soap.

Don't remember exactly when they started, but it's been at least 10 years, which is the longest I've seen one these companies stick around.

too bad, glad I never tried and liked any of their products... I don't have space in my bathroom for hoarding:001_unsur

I really like the Latherless Shave Cream, has the consistency and scent of Noxema and leaves my face moisturized and soft afterward, Great for Head Shaving.

I really like the Latherless Shave Cream, has the consistency and scent of Noxema and leaves my face moisturized and soft afterward, Great for Head Shaving.

Was that the blue stuff? It was tough to rinse from blades, but it gave a pretty good shave.

Is an AoS sales associate really the most credible of sources? Is there any corroboration of this?

Well, not really the most credible, but I have been seeing the contraction of where their product is sold for some time now.

I'm hoarding a bit, but not going to go overboard. Will just have to find replacements.

Was that the blue stuff? It was tough to rinse from blades, but it gave a pretty good shave.

It's the Silver & Blue container and it doesn't come with any form of directions so you've got to play with it, I agree, when it's too thickly applied it can gunk up your razor. I apply it with my damp fingers & palms to my wet face, in a thin layer, than pat on a bit more water so it's opaque when I want a break from brush lathering. The cream is fairly slick and protective, and I Head Shave with it in the Shower, no need to worry about a mess, I also use it as a pre-shave once in a while.

Well, not really the most credible, but I have been seeing the contraction of where their product is sold for some time now.

I'm hoarding a bit, but not going to go overboard. Will just have to find replacements.

Even though this may not be credible, I've purchased four more for back-up, I do like it that much. (I'm sure many will think that's Blasphemy)

Even though this may not be credible, I've purchased four more for back-up, I do like it that much. (I'm sure many will think that's Blasphemy)

Yeah, I've got a lot of the "Clean" socked away, but doesn't that suck? Knowing down the road you'll run out and have to go on a quest for something similar.

I'm not 100% certain we should trust the word of one AoS sales associate, but buying Zirh products a lot, I have observed they have been pulled out of all the department stores where I used to get them. They have evidently survived something like four bankruptcies (is that even possible), so maybe they'll stick around anyway.

They probably spread themselves too thin with a broad product range.

Yeah, I've got a lot of the "Clean" socked away, but doesn't that suck? Knowing down the road you'll run out and have to go on a quest for something similar.

I know what you mean. Kiehl's discontinued my favorite face wash last year, but it just showed up again on their website. Leftover stock, apparently. I ordered five.

I know what you mean. Kiehl's discontinued my favorite face wash last year, but it just showed up again on their website. Leftover stock, apparently. I ordered five.

Which one is that?

By the way, the phrase "The End of Zirh?" sounds like the title of a science fiction story from the pulp era.

Which one is that?

Centella skin-calming facial cleanser. The review on their website are mostly from people with sensitive skin begging them not to discontinue it.

By the way, the phrase "The End of Zirh?" sounds like the title of a science fiction story from the pulp era.

Remember the movie The Last Starfighter? "Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-dan armada."

Edit: Xur is pronounced "Zoor." Reminded me, at least, of Zirh.

Last edited:
I also got the same info about P&G discontinuing the entire Zirh line from a man who owns a very popular website that sells men's skin care products, including Zirh. He said that they stopped production in July.

Zirh shaving cream is a product that I just could not get used to. It is not the lack of lather but the numbing effect what gets me... For me, it is like shaving with boxing gloves.

Al raz.

That's a real pity. I used their shaving cream every time I shaved for about 6 years. I found it really moisurising and a pleasure to shave with. I know some people don't like creams that don't lather, but if it works for you then I don't think it should be a factor. I still use it from time to time.

Looks like I'll have to stock up :sad:

Top Bottom