What's new

The end all be all of Pomades guide!

Badges are special items and aren't easily conferred by the higher-ups. But if you're lucky (or unlucky as the case may be :laugh: )...a custom title could be in your future.
Why do you say that?
If it's because of the high volume of people asking questions then I'm ALL for it. I love pomade and would love to answer any and all questions about it. Hell, I've even made my own pomade, I probably wont again because my house stunk up and my sister got pretty mad, and it's VERY messy.
The stuff is better than murrays, but it took me a few days to scrape it out of our pots :001_rolle

Why do you say that?
Hell, I've even made my own pomade, I probably wont again because my house stunk up and my sister got pretty mad, and it's VERY messy.
The stuff is better than murrays, but it took me a few days to scrape it out of our pots :001_rolle

If you stunk up the house then you burnt it... I've made my own 3 different versions of my own pomade and each time the only smell was the essential oil I added for smell.

If you stunk up the house then you burnt it... I've made my own 3 different versions of my own pomade and each time the only smell was the essential oil I added for smell.

I ment stunk up because of the scent I put in it! :D Not the pomade its self. There is only so much sandalwood a chick can handle.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Where are you at? I have some nipplehard(knuppelhardt) I can send some over if you'd like! Let me know!

And see, I hit his hair type spot on..SO HAH, I AM THE POMADE KING!
LOL! "knuepplehart" means "rock hard", but I like your translation better. Thanks for the offer - I'll PM you.

Ok Greaserboi! What does my hair need?
$uploadfromtaptalk1437137883063.jpg

Ok Greaserboi! What does my hair need?
View attachment 587315

A cut.
JKJK. :D

I'd just toss in some Imperial or reuzel green. Bottom coating with dax would be ideal because it looks to me your hair is wavy? And probably sets at a slight wave when dry? Telling exactly with wet hair becomes hard, because hair when wet is a different type of hair than when dry or product has been applied naturally.
You could probably get away with the lighter mediums like the usual royal crown pomade.
If you're a water user than Imperial or layrite might work as well. Seems like you need a stickier pomade more than a heavy pomade.

I disagree with Sweet Georgia Brown red being a medium pomade. It's more of a light base pomade in my book. There's zero hold at all. If you compare Sweet George Brown red to true mediums like Black and White, Lockhart's, Reuzel Green and Pomps Not Dead, it's like night and day.

Badger Balms seems to be missing my favorite ingredient, Petrolatum. Other than that, it's very, very, very expensive at $14 for just 2oz. Judging by the huge chemical load, it appears to be a more expensive version of O'doud's pomade.

Badger Hair Pomade Ingredients:*Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax),*Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, *Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetivert) Root Extract, *Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, *Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Seed Oil, *Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), *Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract, *Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Resin Extract.

For me, I'll stick with pomade with
Petrolatum that goes for much cheaper with better hold than Badger's Balm. Murray's Superior would be an excellent alternative than this and it only goes for $3 per tin.

I ment stunk up because of the scent I put in it! :D Not the pomade its self. There is only so much sandalwood a chick can handle.
Sandalwood pomade!!!!!!! Take my money please! I'll take a medium hold with high sheen. I have thinning hair but would like that greaser look. Lol. [MENTION=68490]Greaserboi[/MENTION]

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

Thanks for the Information. I been using Groom and Clean for years cause Royal Crown stains Momma's Pillow cases .

Top Bottom