What's new

The Electric razor thread

First shave with the "new" arc5 replacement. Perfect as always (I know that beast now...) bbs tactile equivalent to the fusion shave of yesterday but in just 4'28 min. With a wet shave I spend 4 min just to Create a lather and make the first pass. Go figure. IMG_20200730_084623.jpgIMG_20200730_084633.jpgIMG_20200730_084445.jpg

i must say i'm really amazed by that shaver. a very speedy touch up of 1'30 minutes before getting out and almost bbs again. I have never been able to match that closeness with a dE (my fault of course) and it's on par with my fusion flexball shaves but in a fraction of time. I'm impressed.

i must say i'm really amazed by that shaver. a very speedy touch up of 1'30 minutes before getting out and almost bbs again. I have never been able to match that closeness with a dE (my fault of course) and it's on par with my fusion flexball shaves but in a fraction of time. I'm impressed.

Glad to hear that you are more than satisfied with your Arc 5. Once your face acclimates to using an electric, and you figure out how your beard grows, a good electric shaver will give an amazingly close shave and save time, free of irritation and painful nicks. Trying to get a BBS shave at home is not something that’s easy to do even with a straight razor. Thanks for the great review.

I had to go back to using the cleaning base. My foils were showing the beginnings of forming rust, despite me giving them a good rinse with 70% iso alcohol and letting them sit out to air dry overnight on a towel while detached from the 'handle'. I do remember this happened with a prior model when I trialed not using the cleaning base. I do live in a humid climate but I have central air, a ceiling vent in the bathroom, and it sat next to a moisture trap.

So how many of you guys use an Electric razor foil/rotary shaver? I have the Braun series 3 340s-4. I've only used it a handful of times. While it doesn't get as close to my DEs or carts, it's very convenient if I'm in a rush and don't have time to use any of my other razors.
I just got back to electric. I used to shave with DE razors for almost ten years. I had great shaves but always full irritation (red neck) and acne no matter what I tried. I got a Philips SP9860. Although I had to compromise for the quality of the shaves, I’m very satisfied with this product. I have no more irritation but the shaves are not as closed and I get that 5 O’clock shadow but for me it is better than redness and acne I tried to fight all theses years.

I just got back to electric. I used to shave with DE razors for almost ten years. I had great shaves but always full irritation (red neck) and acne no matter what I tried. I got a Philips SP9860. Although I had to compromise for the quality of the shaves, I’m very satisfied with this product. I have no more irritation but the shaves are not as closed and I get that 5 O’clock shadow but for me it is better than redness and acne I tried to fight all theses years.

I have been using foil type electric shavers for over 45 years. The secret to getting a close comfortable shave is to use a light touch and learn your how your beard grows You will get better results by shaving against the grain. It takes several passes in each area to get as a close shave. Also, give it some time to allow your face and beard to become accustomed to the shaver. I shave dry and don’t use any liquid on my shaver. I just tap out the cuttings after each shave onto a piece of toilet paper.

The Prestige is a top tier rotary, and does deliver a great shave. As you observed, not as technically close as a DE, but I've really found no need for BBS for work or play, and rotaries will provide an irritation-free shave once your skin adapts. I'd trade seal-slick smoothness for no ingrowns or irritation 7 days a week and twice on Sundays!

Since I’ve been working a lot at home, I haven’t been shaving every day. Since buying my Braun 7 series shaver in April of 2019 I used it daily with great results. Today I hadn’t shaved since Thursday. That’s three full days and my shaver made quick work of the stubble. How many days can you go without shaving and still have your shaver give you a grat shave?

There is a better version of this Panasonic (model on picture above) - a redesign of some of the weak points of the predecessor. Who's interested may find the info online or Google.

Panasonic creates some confusion by essentially keeping every model they've ever made in production. This is not actually the most recent version, but same general design as the newest models - metal body, updated head with slightly more flex, basically the same cleaning station:

proxy.php

I suggest you this quality razor, because this razor, which is from the famous Panasonic company, has waterproof capability and can be used underwater, female line, for razors, ergonomic design and the ability to shave with zero number. The razor in front of you is definitely one of the best razors in Iran that you can easily prepare and buy.

I like the idea that I can buy the same razor when the previous model dies. Before buying my Braun 7893s I had a Panasonic ES8103 which was an excellent razor. I would have purchased another one when mine needed replacement, but I came across the Braun model at Costco for under $100. The Panasonic ES8103 was available on Amazon for about $69.

The ES8103’s cutters and screens lasted almost five years with daily shaving. The trimmer died after a couple of years and the batteries stopped holding a week’s charge along with needing new cutters. Panasonic charges almost as much to replace the screens and the cutters as Amazon charges for a new shaver. For the purchase price it was a workhorse.

Last edited by a moderator:
good morning. New to forum. Always used electrics, after my very old Braun finally died i have bought the new beast from Xiaomi, a 5-head, 15000 cps (more than the arc5!!) shaver from aliexpress. Tested for the first time last sunday, it's a beast that gave me a "bbs" in 4 minutes. I think you should try it since (for now) you can even get it for just 50-60 USD from aliexpress US $18.48 27% di SCONTO|Xiaomi Norma Mijia Alternativo Rasoio Elettrico Rasoio 5 Teste di Taglio 15,000rpm Tipo C Ricaricabile Impermeabile Omnidirezionale Floatin|Telecomando smart| - AliExpress - https://it.aliexpress.com/item/4000809496015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a774c4dVrpMc5

good morning. New to forum. Always used electrics, after my very old Braun finally died i have bought the new beast from Xiaomi, a 5-head, 15000 cps (more than the arc5!!) shaver from aliexpress. Tested for the first time last sunday, it's a beast that gave me a "bbs" in 4 minutes. I think you should try it since (for now) you can even get it for just 50-60 USD from aliexpress US $18.48 27% di SCONTO|Xiaomi Norma Mijia Alternativo Rasoio Elettrico Rasoio 5 Teste di Taglio 15,000rpm Tipo C Ricaricabile Impermeabile Omnidirezionale Floatin|Telecomando smart| - AliExpress - https://it.aliexpress.com/item/4000809496015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a774c4dVrpMc5

Translated from the Italian. :001_smile Certainly a good price, and the Xiaomi brand has been around awhile. Their rotary version (same shaver body) has gotten reasonably good reviews, the main complaints I've seen having to do with durability and reliability of the motor and/or battery, but at that price maybe not so critical. No trimmer function or cleaning station, if that's important, and replacement heads could be problematic (although very inexpensive), but glad you found your sweet spot!

Last edited:
Thanks @Scaramouche . Spec-wise it's very similar to the arc5 panasonic (30° stainless steel , 5 blades, 15000 rpm , completely floating head, etc). So to me it's expected to offer very similar performance. Talking about head repacements..I noticed aliexpress has lots of head replacements for a very good price.

Top Bottom