What's new

The EJ 3one6 is a great razor!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I ordered the 3one6 from the Code Zero Indiegogo campaign before the razor was released, and waited a really long time to get it. By the time I got it, the production 3one6 had been out for a while. I gotta say, even though there hasn't been much talk about this one, I really like it. It may be the sleeper razor of the year. I always liked the R89 and DE89. This one is a bit more efficient, but smooth as butter. It's not magical, and angels dont sing when I use it. But it's a solid performer, and a damn fine looking bit of kit. It's a keeper for sure. Anyone else digging this thing? Or is a a dud for most other people?

20191114_232432.jpg

20191114_232417.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Looks good. I like the black. I don’t own one and probably won’t. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I love the concept, but have read too many reviews about it being more aggressive than the 89. I’ve tried lots of aggressiveness levels and it turns out that for me, the milder razors are better. Although the EJ89 isn’t my daily driver, it could be and I would have saved a ton of money not chasing a unicorn razor! Then again, I have no regrets with my razor collection.

If EJ makes a milder stainless steel razor, I’m in for sure!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love the concept, but have read too many reviews about it being more aggressive than the 89.

it is definitely more aggressive than the DE89, but not by a huge margin. It is very smooth, with a little more blade feel. I used it a couple of times and have gotten great shaves from it.

I picked one up from The English Shaving Company early last summer. It’s become my favorite razor and all I use any more. It is excellent. My favorite blade so far is Gillette Yellow.

Thanks for the review. I've considered one. But I prefer mild razors. And the early problems kind of worry me too

I was going to get one, but after finding out it has a hollow handle with ends that have popped off I passed.
For less the Dart is solid stainless and the GC is half the price.

I had 2 in red and blue. No issues with the handles at all. Only One post that I have seen of any issues with the handle.

Agreed that this is a great razor. I have the beautiful blue version.

I like the lighter weight and the nimbleness of the razor.

Not seen a lot of support for this razor. It seems the large blade gap (looks greater than 1mm) and neutral blade exposure is not an appealing combination. Many started of with the supplied Feather blade which was probably not a good choice for many on the first shave with the razor. I was tempted but for fact that (1)I am in the annual sabbatical (which ends in 6 weeks) and (2) the Progress can achieve the same even though it has positive blade exposure.
I wonder if anyone has measured that blade gap yet.

The blade gap does loom rather large. I have not measured it either and yes, it is more aggressive than the '89 but I still find it smooth. More efficient too.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My understanding is that the Code Zero razors were delayed due to a change in the manufacturing process. I dont see any issues with mine.

I also have a Mergress, Timeless, all the Game Chaners, a Blackbird, and many others. Yes I can get as good or better shaves with those. But I always loved the DE89 and R89, so this was appealing to me. And so far I dig it.

I have both Game Changers, 4 levels of Karves, and the 316 is better than all of them. The 316 offers a wide range of angles and almost every blade I’ve tried in it has been a winner.

Having not used mine for at least a month I went in and shaved with it today. Super smooth shave. BBS in 3 passes and no touch ups needed.

A little late to the party here. But I picked up my DE 89 today and had an incredible shave. It goes mostly untouched because I reach for my machined razors first. I sure wish there was a machined DE 89. It sounds like the 3ONE6 is it's own animal though. I was hoping it was going to be a stainless DE 89. It looks like the 3ONE6 isn't machined either. How does it feel in the hand?

It feels great in the hand but don't feel bummed because your EJ is not machined. If it feels good use it. I think we make too much of this Stainless versus Zamak thing. My brother has had an EJ for what must be more than 15 years. there is no rot, it looks great, and it shaves great.

Reactions: pk_

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Occam’s Razor Stainless DE with the solid bar plate is a stainless version of the DE89. It’s quite a good deal for a stainless razor, and shaves wonderfully. Especially if you’re a DE89 fan.

Even though the 3one6 head doesn’t look much like a DE89 head, it shaves very much like one. Same feel but a little more efficient.

Reactions: pk_
Top Bottom