What's new

The Duke is Dead

@nelsonic21 , has the Duke been brought back to life?
Not completely. I gave it a good cleaning with some Dawn dish soap and used it the next morning. While it did build a better lather for the first pass, the second was very thin. I used it again this morning loading it with a good amount of Simpsons shaving cream and found that it built a good lather for the first pass, but there was hardly any left for a second.

Then I loaded it with some leftover soap I keep in a mug and it produced enough for a good second and third pass. So it might be the cream that the Duke doesn't work well with though my other badgers have no problem. When I move on another soap I'll try the Duke out again.

I could lather with that brush. Heck, I own two Syntex brushes and they are made of plastic! They lather like a dream. Sum'n goin on... You'll figure it out. On the other hand... If you are just being coy about wanting to buy yourself a nice new brush, I will happily endulge you and say, "you're better off getting what you want instead of fighting with that old brush."

Happy shaves :)

Update on my Duke 2.

I have used it several times over the past year and it has performed better. I've had this brush for 7 years and gotten so many since then that it fell out of rotation. Not sure if it works as well as my other brushes, but the thin second pass issue is gone. I'm surprised at how good the brush still looks. Here's a pic of my most recent use with some Art of Shaving cream.

20230207_035411.jpg

Top Bottom