What's new

The DH

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Horrible idea that's screwed up the game (particularly with interleague play). If it went away tomorrow, no one but a few whiny pitchers would miss it. Go National League. Go Reds!

I'm with Gruder. Go Reds!

Horrible idea that's screwed up the game (particularly with interleague play). If it went away tomorrow, no one but a few whiny pitchers would miss it. Go National League. Go Reds!

The DH is an abomination, a plague, an anathema, an evil corruption and a festering canker on the soul of baseball.

Everybody plays defense, everybody bats. Pretty dang simple.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I can see it both ways. In the NL the managers have to make a lot of strategic decisions not involved in the AL. On the flip side you get more offense in the AL.....hypothetically unless you are a Rangers fan.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I can see it both ways. In the NL the managers have to make a lot of strategic decisions not involved in the AL. On the flip side you get more offense in the AL.....hypothetically unless you are a Rangers fan.
I can, too. I just wish they would pick one argument and go with it. Could you imagine if there were different rules for NFC and AFC in the NFL?

28 posts in and still no explanation. Let me guess...
DH = "designated hitter"?
Seem like cheating to me, if I understand it correctly.

28 posts in and still no explanation. Let me guess...
DH = "designated hitter"?
Seem like cheating to me, if I understand it correctly.
Yes. It's a player who hits and doesn't play defense so the pitcher doesn't have to hit. Only half of the teams use one.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Oddly, every single DH in the majors likes pineapple on his pizza.

Top Bottom