Votes: 1 3.7%
  • LPL Vetiver soap

• Darwin soap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cella's Bio

• Total voters
The day long awaited has finally arrived, I have my own den!
IMG_20191130_181556.jpg

Started a month ago, humbly occupying a self in wife's cabinet and now this (well thank god cheapo stand from Ikea).
And I have incoming 2*Shavemac synths, one Castle Forbes Cream, a ceramic lathering bowl plus I am about to pull the trigger for LPL Vetivet soap, Darwin's soap (who can resist an amazing green bowl?) and Cella's new bio soap and ASL.

So should I pull the trigger?
(Of course you understand that all these where just a prologue to the above question, so help fellow shavers)

P.S. Wife, eat my dust :001_tongu
P.S.2 Wife's not a member, thank God

You've got enough software for more than a year, possibly more than two if you use them sensibly. Based on the fact that you've just started and since you asked, I say in the best possible spirit "No to all".

I have nothing against the products you are interested in. As a matter of fact I just got to try a sample of the Darwin soap and it's excellent. But, slow down. There are years ahead to "try it all". Pace yourself. For the sake of your marriage, pace yourself.

(Says the guy with 6 brushes, 4 DEs, a Rolls, a GEM, a shavette, ~20 straights, 2 strops, and years and years worth of soaps.)

Of course you get them, do you think we would advise otherwise? LOL! But as you use your products, focus on technique. Use the same set up for an entire month. You’ll begin learning what you like & why you like it. More importantly, you’ll begin learning what you don’t like & why you don’t like it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
3 no to all? Someone is clearly joking. At least no one voted for check with wife.
Yes to all is my vote

After four 20 ounce Czech pilsners, I'm not even sure what the original question was.

Or why I'm listening to "My Love is Alive", by Gary Wright, on Youtube. This thread inspired it somehow.

Just get everything you have your eye on. In a very short amount of time you will be eyeing even more stuff. So, you need to realize, it is a very deep hole. And you will be digging that hole for your lifetime. And so it is written.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
You've got enough software for more than a year, possibly more than two if you use them sensibly. Based on the fact that you've just started and since you asked, I say in the best possible spirit "No to all".
I agree. I wish I had taken advice like that. Of course now I'm going to go on a LONG sabbatical, Leap Year and 2020's, so will chew through the backlog.

Nice Den!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I voted Yes to all. Let’s face it, it is the standard B&B answer.
(Plus what @ackvil said, “get to the mailbox before she does”.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Enjoy what you have
No reason to upset your home life for something that you don't even know if you like.
Happy Wife, Happy Life

Unless you're buying with a VERY GOOD discount, think about your purchases for a little more. Nothing wrong with buying something if you REALLY want it. But impulse buys aren't always good, and in a few weeks time something else might pique your interest even more.

For some reason, there seems to be this tendency for people here to collect more soaps/creams than they can use in a reasonable period of time. (BTW, I'm guilty as charged). Do you need more than two years worth or three years worth? Do you need more than eight or ten soaps/creams to have a reasonable variety?

I'd suggest setting an upper limit -- it's up to you what the limit is. When you have reached the limit, force yourself to use something up before getting something new. You will space your purchases out and probably enjoy them more than you would going on a spree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom