What's new

The DE Video Is Up

Again a nice episode! :001_smile

A few points of attention though:
- since we're DE shaving, I would show the advantage of having two sides to shave with instead of only shaving with one side and rinsing that one off too often
- since it's an introduction, I would propose to do some "slower" shaving strokes or at least mention it because these (rather quick) strokes will have newbies cut their skin. This can be me of course, but I always use slower strokes, it gives me more "control"

I would also propose to split the video in two, one in which you explain the products and razors (and I would certainly include a Merkur HD or LHC because these are easily available while the Gillettes have to be bought typically on eBay or other auction sites). The other part would go into the actual shave.

I would also explain a bit about how to load a blade in the butterfly and 3piece based razors.

Please note that I consider this as positive criticism and that I'm not trying to bring your shaving videos down. You're doing a great job here so keep up the good work!

Iwan said:
Um, link not working?

Cant find it while searching for "wetshaving" or by looking at all vids by mantic59???
Sometimes YouTube is a little quirky after a video is first uploaded. Try again in a few minutes. I just tried it and the link started right up.

--Mark

I'm actually working today, so I've got the firewall issue...I'll have to veiw it when I get home. Damn firewalls!

Randy

WOW . . . Mark, I hear Hollywood calling! Another top rate production.

I know that what I'm about to suggest was outside the scope of what you were doing but, those magnified images of those DE blades was pretty interesting. Can you do some more somewhere with that and match the images to the blades?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! All of your videos have been VERY helpful to me as a newbie.

Kev:

You can find the original photos uploaded by John [thread=5595]here[/thread] - hard for me to understand, I kind of wish they weren't SO close up.

Great job, Mantic! Only question I have is how come you consistently run the razor under the tap after just one pass, when you have that other side of that blade to use? I mean it IS a DOUBLE EDGE blade, right?

Keep 'em coming!

Ashe said:
I would also propose to split the video in two, one in which you explain the products and razors (and I would certainly include a Merkur HD or LHC because these are easily available while the Gillettes have to be bought typically on eBay or other auction sites). The other part would go into the actual shave.

I would also explain a bit about how to load a blade in the butterfly and 3piece based razors.

Please note that I consider this as positive criticism and that I'm not trying to bring your shaving videos down. You're doing a great job here so keep up the good work!

I'd also love to see how to load a blade into an injector, because, well, I honestly don't know how it works (since I've only used and seen DEs in person). That's one of the things that's kept me from buying an injector...not that I need another razor at the moment... :001_rolle

And to echo everyone else: your videos are great, Mark!!! :thumbup:

Seth

Top Bottom