What's new

The DE Video Is Up

I can not access it either. It is telling me to accept a friend request but I being a complete idiot on the computer can not figure out how to do that.

Sounds great though! This is the one item I am really struggling with, the angle. and it sounds like you are going to use different types of razors as well. without seeing I don't know what is there or not but it would be nice to demonstrate the angle of the blade on your face in a close up, or just hold a bare blade on a flat surface and put it at the angle that is best for cutting your beard. Seeing that, I could almost figure out how to hold any razor I look at in the future to my face properly.

Thank you for doing these videos they have been a tremendous help!!

Whoops...this "private video" thing isn't working the way I thought it did. Stand by...

--Mark

Very well done.Keep up the good work. Allow me to take a moment to express my regrets for not logging in lately but between work, studies,moving, and computer crashes I haven't had much time other pleasures. I have missed reading the posts and promise to log on more in the very near future. Another bit of news is my wife and I have celebrated our first anniversary. once again you have done a very good job in these videos. I do appreciate all of your effort in bringing these to us.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Very good. I didn't really give that part much thought the first time I watched it, but seeing this one it is definitely better. I had to crank the volume up but I also liked being able to hear the whiskers getting chopped off.

mantic said:
OK, its quick and dirty but try this link. Its a 5MB .wmv file so I recommend only those with a broadband connection try it.
Ahhh, what great sound :biggrin:

I think it'll be a great second half to the DE video when it's ready.

Another excellent video. Keep up the great job. I guess that since you mentionedadvanced techiques along with "but that's for another day" means you are working on a advanced technique video?

Rafael

Scorpio said:
I guess that since you mentionedadvanced techiques along with "but that's for another day" means you are working on a advanced technique video?
Absolutely. I hope to cover things like blade buffing, J-hooking, the Gillette angle cut, etc.

--Mark

To me it says the video was deleted by the owner.

wait... I was able to download it and watch it by right-clicking the link and choosing 'save target as'

It's a good video. It shows the good angle that is sometimes written,but I'm guessing isn't visualized correctly by the reader.

It's good to see it in video, 5,352% more understandable then a description in print.

It also shows that a good shave can involve more scraping passes in one area without relathering if one uses an almost-weightless technique. He shows how it looks to push it without over pushing it. Maybe it's only people with thicker beards that have to do that, I don't know. Anytime anyone writes about doing multipasses like that it is associated with pressing down and being too aggressive. So describing it in text doesn't go over well.

EDIT: this post was refering to the pre-version of the video.

And I'm curious, mantic, what brand blade was used when making the pre-version video?

Top Bottom