What's new

The day my wife understood the value of a CCW

East St. Louis guy here, too. Cahokia public schools from Kindergarten to 7th grade. I've been desensitized to explosive and sudden violence since childhood.

I'm with you there. East St. Louis from birth to enlistment. The sound of gunshots means "don't go near the window". A huge things in East St. Louis was car jacking when someone stopped for an active railroad signal. To this very day I will not sit waiting on a train.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The problem is that thieves and other bad guys take advantage of protests by committing nefarious acts. That's why ATMs were blown apart with illegal fireworks and gun stores were robbed. The perps really didn't care about George Floyd.

In my city, one ATM thief was killed by his explosives, and a gun store owner killed an armed robber.
Yep. Lots of anarchists out there looking to “have some fun” and using protests as an excuse.

Yep. Lots of anarchists out there looking to “have some fun” and using protests as an excuse.
I believe some clarification might be in anarchism... one can argue that libertarianism is a the gateway to an anarchist mindset and philosophy. Anarchist does not inherently imply provocation of civil unrest, violence and destruction.
E6A46A47-A677-4327-AF10-A02E0CD90EBA.jpeg

I work less than 5 minutes and live about 15 minutes from where all the riots and looting took place in Minneapolis and since then the city is seeing a huge spike in shootings, stabbings, car jackings, armed robberies and assaults. The Minneapolis police department has actually come out and said people are on their own and the police aren't able to protect the citizens and businesses. A lot of these incidents are now taking place in what until this year were considered safe neighborhoods. I have now mounted a holster and have a dedicated car gun in addition to my normal concealed carry gun for whenever I have to go into the city.

I work less than 5 minutes and live about 15 minutes from where all the riots and looting took place in Minneapolis and since then the city is seeing a huge spike in shootings, stabbings, car jackings, armed robberies and assaults. The Minneapolis police department has actually come out and said people are on their own and the police aren't able to protect the citizens and businesses. A lot of these incidents are now taking place in what until this year were considered safe neighborhoods. I have now mounted a holster and have a dedicated car gun in addition to my normal concealed carry gun for whenever I have to go into the city.
Sorry the hear this has become your reality. I hope you and yours will remain safe while the world works to regain sanity.

I grew up on a farm. Sheltered mostly. Have not had to deal with alot of crazy in my everyday life. Little bits as I began traveling, but home was mostly sane. Such is no longer the case.

A new normal is approaching...
Not in my neck of the woods. Upstate NY, outside of the larger cities, isn't like NYC. We don't tolerate rioters and looters and many have been hunting the Adirondacks since they were kids and know how to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not in my neck of the woods. Upstate NY, outside of the larger cities, isn't like NYC. We don't tolerate rioters and looters and many have been hunting the Adirondacks since they were kids and know how to shoot.

Upper New York is such a beautiful place. It's almost depressing the contrast between it and lower state NY when comparing the different "outlooks on climate?" :)

Yep. The in-laws had a trailer on Lake Chautauqua. Upstate is a whole different world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php
was on the Borscht Belt wasn't it?

A bit west. Some of my ancestors settled in Busti on the south end of the lake. They migrated to Ohio, stopping for a few years in New York after the Erie Canal was built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom