What's new

The Day After a BBS Shave

Maybe this sounds like a wierd problem, but I have been struggling with what to do the day after I get a particularly good BBS. Usually Sunday morning is my best shave. I get to take my time, do three or four passes, and even do some buffing clean up. My problem is that Monday morning I don't really need to shave, but since I'm still working I feel like I should. Another shave seems like facial abuse and was giving me more irritation than I like to put up with.

Today I tried using my Tech razor with a new Feather blade. The Tech is a very mild (opposite of aggressive?) razor and usually does't irritate at all. I limited myself to one pass with a little clean up. Result is pretty good. My face feels almost as smooth as it did at Church yesterday and I felt very little irritation - and it was 23 degrees outside when I hit the porch this morning. Maybe it was the generous application of T&H Balm that did the trick.

Hi Bob,

I see you're right down the street from me!

Anyway, the Tech is definitely great as a maintenance razor. If you use it daily, you might not need to break out the more aggressive hardware much at all so long as your skin can take it.

What you did is almost the same as what I do when I have to shave more than once a day. I have a thick beard and if I have an unexpected evening engagement I use my Slim, FB, or Mergress and dial it down to the lowest setting. I then do at most a two pass shave going WTG and XTG.

I love the Tech and Feather attack, and some others on here say it's their daily weapon of choice. As long as you have good prep and technique, and follow with whatever after shave regimen your skin prefers, you should be able to shave daily without your face falling off. Have fun and stay warm!

That's what I do when my shaves hit the BBS zone, I use a ball end Tech the next day and use a 1 or 2 pass to remove a couple of stubble patches.

That must be what screwed me up this morning. Yesterday I used a triangle hole, fat handled Tech (recently acquired on the BST) with a new Feather blade and got a GREAT BBS shave. This morning I did the same thing, same razor and using yesterday's blade with four passes. Now, 7 hours after shaving, my face is still smarting. Maybe I should have done only two passes. It probably didn't help I got only 3-1/2 hours of sleep, but that goes more to my attentiveness while shaving than to the number of passes. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom