What's new

The Dark Side PIF

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Beautiful Star!!! I have 5 or 6 Star's....the earliest has an 1884 patent date. They all look very similar, but yours is the first one I've seen with the words, "New Model". I was just perusing Waits' Compendium where he documents 24 different models of the Star lather catcher, and I don't see one with those words. That one is VERY nice and the first that I've seen of a "New Model"!!!

Beautiful Star!!! I have 5 or 6 Star's....the earliest has an 1884 patent date. They all look very similar, but yours is the first one I've seen with the words, "New Model". I was just perusing Waits' Compendium where he documents 24 different models of the Star lather catcher, and I don't see one with those words. That one is VERY nice and the first that I've seen of a "New Model"!!!
Yeah when it arrived the bottom side and the hinges were black, i am guessing it was put away dirty. I soaked it for about 4 hours and took a firm nylon brush to it and it cleaned up nice but didn't really shine. Ended up hitting it lightly with 0000# steel wool and it popped. One blade had a chip and both were dull, Just honed and stropped the blades two days ago and haven't had a chance to shave with it yet because a Le Coulter frameback came in the same day.

Top Bottom