What's new

The Daily Double

You are on your handle game. Knocking it out of the park!

Thank you. If you haven't seen them already there are better pictures in this thread. Free Nipples! (Well, almost free) (DIY PIF) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/free-nipples-well-almost-free-diy-pif.576846/page-4#post-10539566

It was stated earlier in the thread that if there was enough interest Rick may make more of the brass adapters. You should drop buy that thread and see if there will be any more available.

Late night last minute double

I decided to do a rough and ready SR only shave in the waning hours before Micromatic Monday. But...

>SR - Dovo stainless Barbarossa detail razor. And I am loving my new steerhide/flax linen Tony Miller strop.
>DE - Karve OC-D on standby / Voskhod (3)
>Two band badger with 3D printed handle
>BOSC Special Reserve Armani Code clone soap. I’m kinda 3017ing this soap. I never intended to have so many soaps in the den.
>After - styptic, witch hazel, Florida Water

0D0001B8-C994-4856-B3F3-F753FADB2AC9.jpeg

There was one little strip of tough whiskers right at the curve of the jawline, between the goatee and the chops. They defied my SR abilities (a little blood), but the Karve came off standby and made short work of the problem. Then the DE stuck around to bring my neck maelstrom up to DFS grade.

I had a very enjoyable cold water shave today. I went with the PAABOCS using a 4th use Nacet and the TNNSER 3D using a 3rd use Meijer SS blade. Both razors performed very well. Sterling pharaohs dreamsicle on a RazoRock Bruce lathered quite well even with cold water. All in all a great shave especially with the audio feedback of these two razors.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hi all -- I'm far from a Daily Double regular, although that should change as I'm trying to master the Weck Sextoblade (see below), and it will need to ride shotgun with a DE or SE for many shaves before being able to hold it's own as the lone-wolf in a shave.

If you're interested in the gritty details of my first Weck shave, you can find them here: Micromatic Monday/Weck Shave. The TLDR version is: WTG pass with the Weck Sextoblade, XTG and a XTG/ATG with the GEM OC Damaskeene. Mitchell's Wool Fat was lathered with a Yaqi Barbershop 24mm 2-Band Badger. Ended up with a BBS shave that lasted a solid 12 hours (maybe longer, but I fell asleep early yesterday :001_smile )
proxy.php

I had a fun Daily Double today. I realized I hadn't tried this Durham yet. I used it for the first pass then used the trusty Ever-ready 1914 for the rest of the shave. I enjoyed the Durham but I really think these blades could be improved with a hanging strop. I am going to have to solve the lack of a hanging strop soon. The ER performed very well with a 6th use Meijer blade. I even kept the blade to give it a chance at a 7th use which is unusual for me. The soap I used today was a goats milk soap a friend made. It lathered and performed quite well but I added a bit to much water.

Flintstone65

It was a Weck Williams Wednesday along with a new-to-me open comb Schick Injector (aka Type C1)!!! I'm still learning my way around the Weck (try saying that 3 times fast). I managed almost 2 passes (1 WTG and 3/4 of pass XTG) with the Weck and aside from using a wee-bit-too-much pressure on the XTG pass, I did alright. The first time out with the Schick was a no-brainer (man, I love the old Injectors), and the over all shave was a definite DFS+!!!

As promised, I'll be darkening this thread a lot more given that the Weck is going to need a solid SE/DE backstop for the immediate future.
proxy.php

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, February 5
Piccolo SE /Nacet(1)
Schöne /Gillette Platinum(2)
Omega Silver Tip
AdP Colonia
Eau Sauvage

20200205_205422[1].jpg

Today's shave featured a Gem Jr. Parade with 4th use Meijer blade and a Schick Type B repeating razor with a new Proline B20. I haven't used this Schick much because the head was loose and would pivot during shaving. Tightening the screw didn't help. So yesterday I disassembled it and tightened the gap where it pivots. Success now it is very tight and doesn't move while shaving. I did most of the shave with the Schick and my wife shaved the back of my neck for me with the Gem.
The Mer Shavings Fougere Orange lathered well with cold water on the SHD two band badger brush. A great shave altogether.

Flintstone65

Today's Dailey Double:
Weck Sextoblade with modern Personna Hair Shaper Blade
Gold 1924 Ever-Ready "Shovelhead" with a GEM SS PTFE on it's 6th shave.
Real stone (Arizona Jade) Elite Razor Brush with 3-Band High Mountain White knot
Haslinger's Schafmilch
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel

Weck took the first pass, Shovelhead took 2nd and cleanup passes with an end result being a solid DFS!!!
If you're looking for my typical colorful long (TLDR) shave description, CLICK HERE. I just don't have it in me to be THAT verbose in more than a few threads....must be getting old! :wheelchair:
proxy.php

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, February 11
Piccolo SE Feather(1)
Game Changer 68P Gillette Platinum(1)
Omega 66
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

20200211_161643[1].jpg

I had a great shave today with the TNNSER 3D using a 2nd use Meijer blade and the PAA Alpha Ecliptic with a 5th use Nacet. Most of the first pass went to the Alpha. Then things were split pretty evenly between the two till I did the back of my neck wich was all TNNSER. Tabac Lathered very well on the SHD two band badger. So much so that I even took a picture. Witch hazel with a little lotion mixed in was used for the finishing touch. A great shave all around with two great razors.

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, February 12
Piccolo SE/Feather(2)
Game Changer 68P/Gillette Platinum(1)
Omega badger
MdC Agrumes
Pinaud Clubman

Tonight's shave was pretty nice.

The Omega badger delivered a wonderful lather, have I said how much I love this brush?

Even though last night's shave wasn't my most comfortable shave, it was close enough that I could have skipped shaving tonight. But what would be the fun in that?

20200211_161729[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, February 13
GC 68P/Feather(3)
Red Tip/Gillette Platinum(1)
Semogue 620
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

Tonight's shave was very nice.

This Semogue boar won me over right away, the perfect balance of backbone and softness. If I was a face latherer, it would probably be my favorite brush.

20200213_102631[1].jpg

Top Bottom