What's new

The Daily Double

Sunday - fast, finished as the dinner bell rang
T.R. Cadman&Sons refurbished Bengall SR and Gillette New Improved Tuckaway
8D6C79B8-68C6-4D0A-849B-321F8139EAA9.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Trick or Treet week, MMMonday, Daily Double, OCtober 24th 2022.

Razor : Gillette New long comb(Canadian variant) with a Yaqi orange brass chromed handle I won in a sale raffle, Mfg 1930's when Gillette's new blade design was introduced, mid range, works ok with no drama. This type of carbon blade was used when the first New Gillette razors where first introduced. Worked OK with no drama.
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC button less- Mfg 1930-32 for this model, upper mid range, built to last, mainly used today for my touch ups to see how my 1st experience with a carbon blade would be like. Very enjoyable different shave experience today.
Blade : Treet carbon blade(1) 1st use of a DE carbon blade in 5 years of shaving, sharp & smooth. Not sure on longevity yet.
Treet was part of the umbrella of companies that was part of the American Safety Razor Corporation and was sold off many years later because of market blade changes in the Western world.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. I like this soap slightly better than my Tabac soap . Great enjoyable thick rich excellent lather protection.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot :001_wub:, excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(carbon) + ATG(carbon) + pickups (Gem Stainless).
Post shave : Razorock King Louis AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + MMOC with a carbon Treet blade + a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Trick or Treat week, daily double, Saturday, October 29th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm, Yaqi Milano handle, Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping design, small head parts. I always receive excellent shaves with this razor 95%> of the time.
Razor : Yaqi Telstar DE head with a Micromatic handle - Mfg head 2022>,mid range, good finish on Zamak head with positive blade feel.
Blade : Schick Proline p30, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. I enjoy this blade a lot.
Blade: Treet black beauty carbon steel (2 .33) sharp & smooth for 2 shaves . Its a 2 shave blade for myself with my beard type. The first 2 shaves where great!
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, mild clean scent when puck is dry, when lathered scent is more noticeable, good lather qualities. Triple milled, I cut some slivers off with my pocket knife and press into bowl and start with a squeezed damp brush(2 flicks will work) and just start until the paste starts and just add drops of water by hand or a spray mister and repeat...... until desired lather reached and it produces a nice lather. Too much water at first will make your lather bubbly & will make you chase your preferred lather is my conclusion. Easy soap to use in 1-2 minutes of lathering then apply to a wet face.
Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring"24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel beard cleanse + Nivea refreshing AS(nice scent)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: I started out with the Treet blade but it was not performing well so went with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30 blade with the normal excellent results.
SOTD October 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Daily Double
20221104_092547~2.jpg

Razor1: Razorine Flatboy 🇮🇹
Razor2: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale 🇮🇹
Blade (moved same blade between razors): German (Honorary Italian 🇮🇹 ;)) Bolzano (2)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot) 🇮🇹
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper 🇺🇸
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti 🇮🇹
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman 🇺🇸
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray 🇮🇹
20221104_092641~2.jpg

Excellent Fatip Friday Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11998811

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Daily Double
20221111_144616~2.jpg

Razor1: Joris Classic - Thujawood and Palladium
Blade1 German Bolzano (3)
Razor2: Merkur 34C (Elite Razors Handle)
Blade2: Kai (3)
Brush: Craving Shaving Brisk (26mm Crave Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12007803

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
No Open Comb November SOTD
Daily Double

Razor:
SS Vector with @Rosseforp GTA handle
Blade: Kai Protouch MG (2)
Razor: Wolfman WR2 0.95 with @Rosseforp GTCB handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Aqua Velva
20221120_191747.jpg

With almost two weeks worth of stubble I wanted to give these two razors a dance, the Wolfman on the left side, and the Vector on the right.

The first pass was WTG and the WR2 swept through thirteen days worth of stubble like it wasn't there, while the Vector needed much more rinsing, particularly the center of the razor.
The clogging wasn't as bad as it was with my New LC, but I did take the Vector apart once to clear out some hair stuck in the center.

The second pass was ATG and while the Vector took more of a delicate touch, I got careless with the Wolfman and got bit!
It was one of my last finishing passes and didn't start to bleed right away, but I stopped it with a touch from the styptic pencil.

The Witch hazel felt all nice and cozy and the Aqua Velva delivered a nice menthol blast with the Nivea balm just as slick as could be. No post shave irritation at all.

Pretty darn close shave it was. Two pretty darn different razors too.

The Vector gets the edge in efficiency, but the WR2 gets the edge in ease of use and smoothness.

~doug~

Top Bottom