What's new

The Daily Double

You are getting very fancy with your shaves. Love it. Everything looks very nice. Congratulations.

Thank you.
Here is today's Daily Double.
Pre shave wash with Noxzema
First pass Gem G Bar with pal carbon blade 1st use.
Second pass and clean up same blade in the
Gem MMBT seeing eye.
Cremo Cooling concoction with lubriderm whipped up with a Two Band Badger.
Tolsom after shave splash and Proraso aftershave balm.
This was my first time using these razors and first carbon SE blade ive used. On first impressions the MMBT seemed smoother to me than the G Bar. Future shaves may bring different results.
20190318_073923_hdr-2-jpg.964125

Interesting SR!!!

When the edge is right it shaves quite nice.
I need to work on getting the edge right,it is very hard metal and isn't as easy to maintain as my Wade and Butcher.
It was a prototype of sorts by Charles Lewis. It has a symmetrical western grind bit the a a non-folding form similar to a Kamisori.

Today's Daily Double.
Noxzema prewash
Gem MMBT with gem ptfe 2nd flip.
Cold water Cremo Cooling with lubriderm.
GreyDog 26mm 2 band Badger.
Alum then Tolsum after shave splash
And finish off with Proraso white aftershave balm.
A little irritation on the neck where it's always sensitive and I didn't wait long enough between shaves.
Schick g took care of the back of the neck.

20190401_071025_hdr-2-jpg.968532

I just realized I never posted this here.
This is from a week or two ago.

Here are the tools of choice for today's shave.

View attachment 966522 View attachment 966523View attachment 966524 View attachment 966525

All 6 of my Gems an Eveready and a Star. Just for the front of the neck and the cheeks (I Have a beard) all with the second use Pal carbon blade for the first pass. Then switched to the gem ptfe 13th use in the Bullet tip for second pass and clean up.
Quickly ditched the old blade, threw in a new one and finished up. Then grabbed the Schick g and took care of the back of neck. So 9 razors and 4 blades used for one shave.

I see why it should be unusual to use more than one razor per shave. I often use a Focus r48 to shave underneath my nose as it is the best razor I have to do this.
When I have a haircut, the barber uses a variety of tools to give me a haircut, so why not do the same when we shave!

I see why it should be unusual to use more than one razor per shave. I often use a Focus r48 to shave underneath my nose as it is the best razor I have to do this.
When I have a haircut, the barber uses a variety of tools to give me a haircut, so why not do the same when we shave!

Yes, you get it. Please be welcomed to join in. :a29:

A dual schick injector shave for me today.
My G type and my resurrected Hydro Magic. The hydro is definitely milder.

20190407_123559.jpg

Yesterday was a very long day. We went 1 1/2 hrs picked up my father in law drove another 1 1/2 hrs to go to a chicken auction. He got us 12 baby chicks and 5 dozen fertilized eggs to hatch. Then 1 1/2 hrs to drop him home 1 1/2 hrs to our friends house. Went on a double date while another set of friends watched everybodys kids. And during our 6 total hrs and 350 miles of driving we hit a Turkey. Sorry I didn't get around to posting my Daily Double
So yesterday's Gem Jr. Bar shave was very close and comfortable. The slim adjustable was used by my wife to clean up the back of my neck.
Hot towel and Noxzema pre shave
Stirling bay rum with two band badger with a few drops of glycerin.
Gem Jr. Bar with Pal carbon 3rd flip with a piece of credit card for a shim.
Which hazel splash and Proraso cream aftershave.
Inspite of the hectic day it was overall a very good day. And a great shave.

20190413_164350.jpg
20190413_214056.jpg

Ok I switched it up today. I was going to use my Gem Jr. Bar. But seeing as @Flintstone65almost got himself beheaded for misidentification of my MMBT, I used it and my Gillette old type OC. It was almost my Head Gets Loose While Shaving today though. Or rather the TTO knob on the MMBT while doing buffing on my neck. Luckily I just felt a bit of odd scraping, but arose unscathed.
Gillette took care of the back of the neck with no drama.
Noxzema and Hot towel pre shave
Gem MMBT Gem PTFE 3rd flip.
Gillette with Iridium super 2nd use.
Sterling Bay rum And Lubriderm
Omega boar
Witch hazel splash and Proraso cream aftershave.
Overall a very close comfortable shave.

20190415_065248.jpg

Yesterday was a very long day. We went 1 1/2 hrs picked up my father in law drove another 1 1/2 hrs to go to a chicken auction. He got us 12 baby chicks and 5 dozen fertilized eggs to hatch. Then 1 1/2 hrs to drop him home 1 1/2 hrs to our friends house. Went on a double date while another set of friends watched everybodys kids. And during our 6 total hrs and 350 miles of driving we hit a Turkey. Sorry I didn't get around to posting my Daily Double
So yesterday's Gem Jr. Bar shave was very close and comfortable. The slim adjustable was used by my wife to clean up the back of my neck.
Hot towel and Noxzema pre shave
Stirling bay rum with two band badger with a few drops of glycerin.
Gem Jr. Bar with Pal carbon 3rd flip with a piece of credit card for a shim.
Which hazel splash and Proraso cream aftershave.
Inspite of the hectic day it was overall a very good day. And a great shave.

View attachment 972294 View attachment 972295

Your supposed to run over them to kill them for cooking. It is easier to aim using the windshield though. :)

I hope it didn't startle anyone too badly.

Your supposed to run over them to kill them for cooking. It is easier to aim using the windshield though. :)

I hope it didn't startle anyone too badly.

It startled us and the kids where upset that it no doubt died. But everyone was ok.
The windshield replacement got postponed till tomorrow because of the rain but I was able to confirm that I do have zero deductible on windshield coverage.

It startled us and the kids where upset that it no doubt died. But everyone was ok.
The windshield replacement got postponed till tomorrow because of the rain but I was able to confirm that I do have zero deductible on windshield coverage.

Glad to hear you have zero deductible on the windshield. I was debating whether or not to ask. I assumed everyone was ok because it didn't go thru the glass, and the plastic membrane is good at keeping shards from going anywhere.

Sorry to hear children were in the car, but if the have pets, unless extremely long lived ones, it will help prepare them for the inevitable.

Glad to hear you have zero deductible on the windshield. I was debating whether or not to ask. I assumed everyone was ok because it didn't go thru the glass, and the plastic membrane is good at keeping shards from going anywhere.

Sorry to hear children were in the car, but if the have pets, unless extremely long lived ones, it will help prepare them for the inevitable.

Very true.

For today's Daily Double I wanted to compare the Gem Jr. Bar to its little brother the Gem Jr..
They both shave great, the Jr. Bar seems to me a bit smoother but I am not crazy about the handle. I want to make a different handle for it but need to figure out the thread size. None of my other handles fit it.
The Jr. Seems a bit more aggressive, and to me I don't notice much difference in efficiency between the two. I may wedge the blade on the Jr. Next time and do another comparison since I have been wedging the blade on the Jr. Bar.
For audio feed back fans the Jr. Is quite a bit louder. Especially with this handle. I plan on trying it on several other handles as the Jr. Is Interchangeable with several I have. I think this handle actually acts like the horn on an old record player. It was a very enjoyable shave today.
Noxzema and hot towel pre
Pal carbon 4th flip shared between the razors. Wedged with a strip cut from a credit card i. The Jr. Bar. Not wedged in Jr.
Sterling bay rum and Omega boar.
Shower after shaving. Forgot to do any after shave.
CCFS ( Close Comfortable and Fun Shave)

20190418_125624.jpg
20190418_213750.jpg

So I used the Gem Jr. Again today and added the Eveready Shovelhead for an audio comparison, switching the handles back and forth several times. There was a noticeable difference in sound between the two handles on the Gem Jr., I couldn't pick up much difference if any in audio feedback on the Eveready. The Gem Jr. Is definitely an audible shaver. Many times I feel like I'm not shaving anything and can hear hairs plinking on the blade. The tone is different with the baton handle and I believe amplified slightly. Either way I like the feel and look of the baton.
The other baton I have from my Star that looks like a Gem Jr. Has a flat solid cap on the end. I plan on a comparison of these two handles soon, if anyone is interested.

20190421_183234.jpg
20190421_183205.jpg

For today's Daily Double I switched back and forth between the two types of baton handle to see if there was and audible differences. There was a slight change in the tone but not much. Either way they are both nice handles and I believe they and to the audio feedback as apposed to a metal handle. They are definitely comfortable and and easily manipulated for good handling. At least for me they are. I also like the looks. I also used the Gillette old type to make it a true Double not just two handles.
Super hot shower and Noxzema pre shave
Gem Jr. With Gem ptfe 7th flip for neck
Gillette old type with super iridium for cheeks and back of neck.
Stirling Bay run on 26mm two band badger
Witch hazel After Shave splash.
Very slight irritation where I over worked stubborn spots on my neck, otherwise very CCS

20190423_141019.jpg

For today's Daily Double I switched back and forth between the two types of baton handle to see if there was and audible differences. There was a slight change in the tone but not much. Either way they are both nice handles and I believe they and to the audio feedback as apposed to a metal handle. They are definitely comfortable and and easily manipulated for good handling. At least for me they are. I also like the looks. I also used the Gillette old type to make it a true Double not just two handles.
Super hot shower and Noxzema pre shave
Gem Jr. With Gem ptfe 7th flip for neck
Gillette old type with super iridium for cheeks and back of neck.
Stirling Bay run on 26mm two band badger
Witch hazel After Shave splash.
Very slight irritation where I over worked stubborn spots on my neck, otherwise very CCS

View attachment 974948
Thank you for keeping this thread alive. I've been reading posts where other men are being to use multiple razors per round. That's neat!!! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom