What's new

The Daily Double

Generally in that order:a4:

So then you are face lathering:lol:.

Sorry i just couldn't help it. The English language is so goofy sometimes. Semantics can be fun to play with. I don't know any other languages and I'm no expert in English but I know that many other languages are better for conveying information without confusion. Because of their structure, or because they have more specific words for conveying a specific meaning.

Today's shave featured a Daily Double of dueling feather blades. Both the Fatboy and the Greager were loaded with new feathers. A Proguard for the Greager and a New High-Stainless for the Fatboy.
The Greager lead then the Fatboy went through the full range of settings for the second pass and cleanup. However it was returned to 1 before handing it off to my lovely wife to clean up the back of my neck. Sterling pharaohs dreamsicle lathered quite well with my SHD two band badger. A splash of witch hazel with some lotion mixed in wrap things up.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Got back up on the Weck "horse" after a freak "riding accident" the other day -- manage to have a muscle spasm and cut myself. If I had caught it on YouTube, I could've been a star!!! Anyhoo, despite still having a cut lip -- I had originally deigned it as a scrape, but nope, it's a cut with enough depth that I'll probably be staring at that ugly reminder for at least another week (probably two) -- but the important thing is I got back "on the horse"....although I wouldn't let the little beast near my lip. So I did 2 WTG passes with the Weck and then called in the RazoRock for a single WTG pass on the lip, and a XTG/ATG and clean up pass for a very nice shave. I'm not giving up on the Weck (besides the fact that it wasn't the razor but my arm that betrayed me), so I'll see you again on Micromatic Monday.
proxy.php

By the way, the photo is a combination of bad staging and an optical illusion. The half Nacet in the RR Eco is actually not skewed (even though it looks like it); and I positioned the guard/safety bar portion of the Weck, so it looks like there is no blade. Guess I won't be getting that job as a photographer in the Sear's Photo studio....for several reasons.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Today's Daily Double, the Weck took center stage (2 passes), and the Gillette Popular stepped in with a Nacet for a couple of passes to clean-up on the cheeks and throat, and a little more on lips and chin. Soap was the Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes and the brush was the Lapis (real stone) 2-band Manchurian badger Elite Razor brush. Overall it was a really awesome shave!!! The Weck is starting to feel natural (emphasis on the "starting to") and the Popular was just fabulous (it was my first shave with it)!!!
proxy.php

I had a very nice Daily Double today with a Gem Damaskeene loaded with a second use Meijer SS. And the Gillette new long loaded with a second use Feather New High-Stainless. Cremo cooling blended with Arko on SHD two band badger lathered very well.

Today's Daily Double consisted of a great shave with a Gem MMBT with guiding eye and a Ever-Ready 1914 today. Both shared a 5th use Meijer SS blade. I went with a horse hair brush and Tabac for lather and a witch hazel Splash with a little lotion to finish things off.

I had an excellent shave this morning. Things started off with a little Proraso white balm and a dab of Lubriderm. I was inspired by others to slow down and really concentrate on deliberately apply little to no pressure. I tend to get impatient with the stubborn spots and get heavy handed to try to overcame resistant hairs. Also rinsing with cold water between each pass as @Ron R has been mentioning. I whipped the lather up with hot water and a dab of coconut oil. The lather was drying out a bit on my neck because I was taking it extra slow, so I chilled the lather in the bowl with a splash of cold water mixed in then ran cold water on the outside of the metal bowl. This work very well. The lather stayed perfectly hydrated the rest of the shave. The Henckels Rapide was used for the bulk of the shave doing 3 passes on most of the shave and 4 in some areas. The Schick G was used on a cleanup of the toughest spots on my neck to catch a few stubborn stray hairs. The result was a nearly irritation free shave that was very close. Twelve hours later and I'm still smooth except for each side of the adams apple were I have the most troublesome hairs.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Also rinsing with cold water between each pass as @Ron R has been mentioning.
Hello @GAW9576 , I'm glade you like to try the cold water rush, it's good for the skin and saves you buying all these soaps and aftershaves with Menthol. Guys like the Menthol rush they get but they have tears in their eyes from the fumes that Menthol will gas off.(not sure how good that is for eyes and skin over time.)
Sounds like a excellent close shave so might not see you a Micromatic Monday.

Hello @GAW9576 , I'm glade you like to try the cold water rush, it's good for the skin and saves you buying all these soaps and aftershaves with Menthol. Guys like the Menthol rush they get but they have tears in their eyes from the fumes that Menthol will gas off.(not sure how good that is for eyes and skin over time.)
Sounds like a excellent close shave so might not see you a Micromatic Monday.

Oh I'll be there tomorrow. It will be an easier shave though. A wise man once said the quality of today's shave is greatly affected buy the quality of yesterdays shave.

Siblings side-by-side

I have a soft spot for double/self-lubricating OC razors. So I sprang for RazoRock’s SLOC 2.0, which turns out to be very similar to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ascension DOC.

SLOC 2.0 vs PAA Alu Ascension
Supermax Blue Diamond (5)
Barbasol Sensitive brushless cream
Barbasol BRISK AS

8CA97BA2-6B40-4586-991E-5C12B2943977.jpeg

The shaves were very similar too. Easy DFS. Enough said about that.

The Barbasol cream is definitely brushless/latherless. Different.

And the Barbasol BRISK is freaking me out. The scent is extremely familiar. I can’t name scent notes, but this is ‘barbershop’ in the sense that my barbershop smells exactly like this AS.

Leisure plus product equals luxury shave

Neck
: Cattaraugus Cutlery Yellow Boy SR
Cheeks and touchup: Schick L1 injector / Schick B-20 (1)

@BBS-1 has described this as the second L1 variant, style 1, 1972-1982. He did his Schick injector homework and let us all look over his shoulder. Fun for me, since the first razor I bought and liked (sneering at you, Techmatic) was a Schick L1, first variant, style 2.

Soap: Lea menthol cream rubbed in, Williams Mug bowl lather, whipped up in the Captain’s Choice/Vollrath pseudo-scuttle
Brush: Plisson Pur Blaireau
After: alum, Burt’s Bees balm, Proraso green lotion

After 5 shaves using brushless/latherless Barbasol Sensitive cream for quick turnaround, the weekend was a time to relax and BUILD SOME LATHER! And use some product.

My first shave with a B-20 blade. Comfortable and sharp. Very close two pass plus touchup shave, we’ll just say “beyond DFS”.
DF2EA3C6-E730-470A-9687-D1640191B467.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, March 10
ATT SE1 Proline(1)
GC84-P Feather(5)
Omega 66
What the Puck Orange Sunrise
Pinaud Clubman

Wow

After 4 very close shaves with Proguard blades, my Proline P-30 blades showed up, and I nervously loaded my SE1 with a fresh blade. I had my GC84-P at the ready with a Feather(5), and should have used it around my lower lip and chin, but the SE1 refused to give way.
One nick on my neck and one nick next to my lip showed me to give this blade some respect. They weren't bleeders, more like a touch-down nick.
This was really a get-to-know-you shave with this razor, the Prolines don't have training wheels like the Proguards. Lol
I got a really close shave on my neck and face, definite BBS, relatively irritation free, but nervously, like my first shave with a DE.

20200310_204003[1].jpg

Top Bottom