What's new

The Daily Double

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
So I just finished my shave with the MWF....wow!!! Can't thank you enough for the tip. I don't have a horse, but I used a 28mm synthetic (knot is set low, so it's dense and not a lot of flex). I counted off 100 swirls with a damp (but really shook-out brush), dampened my face and began to face lather. It didn't take long at all, and I ended up with a really thick and voluminous lather -- actually better than my Tabac (which is always good). I really like the scent and slickness of MWF, and now that I now how to lather it, I'm one happy shaver! Thanks again!!!
I'm glad that helped out, I used my Cremo horse this morning for a really nice lather, and I have an Omega S 10005 synthetic brush that really works well with MWF too.
I participated in Arko August, and that really helped me with my lathering technique, so this is gonna be a MWF October for me!

DD Stella!!!

Pass 1: Cattaraugus Yellow Boy, time to take it back to the diamond pasted balsa progression
Pass 2 and touchup: the surprising Stella/used Astra SP
Broken-in Omega boar + Omega cream = abundant, light lather, could have been slicker
Alum and Texas 10X Face Freezer
EFB1A023-4522-44D5-B06D-30AEB70F8155.jpeg

Stella (brand and provenance uncertain) looks better in the photo than in real life. This is her good side. Cracked handle, big patch of handle gunk I haven’t managed to remove, and plenty of chrome coming off the brass head. The shave was very much on the good side, especially as I was expecting a shaving adventure with the totally flat blade bed. DFS+

Gem bumpless MMOC with Gem SS PTFE 3rd use
Gillette thin cap with 1st use KAI
Cella on Omega boar.
Great comfortable shave with two great razors.

20191004_180229.jpg

Today's Daily Double
Gillette new long with KAI 2nd use
Enders Speed Shaver with schick proline B20
Arko and Cremo cooling blended on two band badger.
I picked the new long to participate in OCtober and it wasn't till I had the blades loaded till I thought about the fact that the Enders speed is an open comb razor too.

20191006_111408.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hi all -- I don't do as many Daily Doubles these days....no excuse really, mostly just laziness. But today was a Double GEMonday. A very nice 2-razor, 2-pass (plus touch-up) DFS!

Gem Zinn Automatic sporting a Proline B-20 (1st pass)
Gem Open Comb Damaskeene and a GEM SS PTFE blade (2nd pass and touch-up)
Soap & Brush: Modern Williams lathered with an Omega 10077 boar

proxy.php

proxy.php

DD modern German, doubling back to OCtoberfest

Pass 1: Robert Klaas SR
Pass 2: Giesen & Forsthoff (Timor) 1353K
80mm SS handle, chrome plated head
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond(1)
Cream rub: Palmolive menthol
Lathered soap: BOSC Special Reserve CLW
Brush: Semogue
After: alum and juniper AS

8081D608-0CD3-41BA-B324-49A6B0346EB6.jpeg

The Klaas is running smoothly, finished on a Naniwa 12K plus diamond pasted balsa progression. The Super Max Blue Diamond (my first sample use) was quite sharp and excelled at touching up the maelstrom. Easy, zero irritation DFS+. So nice to shave at leisure, at home.

Today's shave was my first with the TNNSER 3D. A friends brother has a 3D printer and offered to print it for me. After a bit of cleanup with a file it slides together quite nicely. I couldn't find a half nut in stainless at my hardware store so I also had to file down a standard nut. It was worth the effort though since I have less than $3 into the razor and it shaves wonderfully.

20191010_111608.jpg

Flintstone65

Today's shave was my first with the TNNSER 3D. A friends brother has a 3D printer and offered to print it for me. After a bit of cleanup with a file it slides together quite nicely. I couldn't find a half nut in stainless at my hardware store so I also had to file down a standard nut. It was worth the effort though since I have less than $3 into the razor and it shaves wonderfully.

View attachment 1024821
I'm a REALLY big fan of the TNNSER, and I like the orange!!!

I'm a REALLY big fan of the TNNSER, and I like the orange!!!

I'm pretty impressed with the first shave. I did some buffing on a tough to shave spot on my neck and thought for sure I was going to get razor burn overworking it ( as I usually do in that area ) but I didn't, at all! In fact it's the smoothest I can remember getting that though spot in a very long time.
Funny thing about orange, it used to be very very low on my list of colors I like. Lately though I've began to really like it. I even have and wear an orange shirt. The major majoritie of my clothes for quite a few years have been black, Black or BLACK.

Last edited:
Today's Daily Double
Gillette thin cap with ABC scroll handle for first pass with a KAI 3rd use and the TNNSER 3D with a Gem SS 6th or 7th use I lost track. Stirling Executive Man on Two Band Badger. Finished off with a splash of witch-hazel. Smooth comfortable shave.

20191011_173551.jpg

Hot shower prep with Proraso white pre shave balm
Gem squat head with Gem SS PTFE.
Enders Speed Razor with Shick proline B20.
Sterling soaps Pharoah's Dreamsicle on Two Band Badger.
Witch hazel After Shave splash.
Great relaxing shave.

20191013_115058.jpg

DD evening shower and shave

Focus Slim Al / Astra SP(3)
Gillette NEW SC rhodium replate / Rapira Platinum Lux
Cremo Cooling rub / Col Conk Amber bowl
Favorite custom boar
Alum and Juniper Menthol AS

44F4EC6E-1130-4580-ACAD-D002A3A6B16C.jpeg

Overdue moment of R&R...

DD right back atcha in almost all caps

Touch up shave this morning.
Left: brass NEW SC / Rapira Platinum Lux
Right: brass MMOC / GEM SS PTFE
Soap: BOSC SR CLW
Brush: vintage re-knotted Reynard vignette

D72EE093-3E42-464B-A8D2-202499C7288F.jpeg

Nice close touch up shave

DD in an OCtober groove

Quality morning shave.
Pass 1: Focus Slim Al shavette / Astra going strong
Pass 2: Fatip Piccolo Mk1 / Supermax Blue Diamond
Soaps: Cremo Cooling / BOSC SR AC
Brush: Zenith short, scrubby boar
Alum and AS

DD evening shower and shave

Focus Slim Al / Astra SP(3)
Gillette NEW SC rhodium replate / Rapira Platinum Lux
Cremo Cooling rub / Col Conk Amber bowl
Favorite custom boar
Alum and Juniper Menthol AS

View attachment 1025803
Overdue moment of R&R...
DD right back atcha in almost all caps

Touch up shave this morning.
Left: brass NEW SC / Rapira Platinum Lux
Right: brass MMOC / GEM SS PTFE
Soap: BOSC SR CLW
Brush: vintage re-knotted Reynard vignette

View attachment 1025932
Nice close touch up shave

Those are some nice shaves my friend. I've been thinking about shaving the last couple of days. But I've been under the weather and just haven't had the motivation.

Those are some nice shaves my friend. I've been thinking about shaving the last couple of days. But I've been under the weather and just haven't had the motivation.

Hope you are feeling better soon! Lots of fall germs in the air here.

Ok today's Daily Double pitted the Mighty Micromatic OC Bumpless version against the newcomer the TNNSER 3D in a knock down drag down match.

20191020_115557.jpg

Both razors against each other, and 6 days growth.

20191020_115737.jpg

The razors shared a new Gem SS PTFE blade. The padding was provided by Mer Shavings Fougere Orange Dunkys Milk soap on Two Band Badger. Proraso white pre shave balm prepared the ring. The TNNSER 3D took the first single stroke pass then the MMOC.

20191020_194503.jpg

And the winner is the TNNSER 3D with a cleaner pass and no nick.
Either way I still like the MMOC but the TNNSER 3D is a truly impressive razor. I did the rest of the first pass with the MMOC so it wouldn't feel bad but finished things off with the TNNSER 3D. This razor for me shaves great shallow or steep and doesn't make me pay on blood if I get a bit heavy handed, even on the more sensitive spots on my neck.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Ok today's Daily Double pitted the Mighty Micromatic OC Bumpless version against the newcomer the TNNSER 3D in a know down drag down match.

View attachment 1027682

Both razors against each other, and 6 days growth.

View attachment 1027681

The razors shared a new Gem SS PTFE blade. The padding was provided by Mer Shavings Fougere Orange Dunkys Milk soap on Two Band Badger. Proraso white pre shave balm prepared the ring. The TNNSER 3D took the first single stroke pass then the MMOC.

View attachment 1027683

And the winner is the TNNSER 3D with a cleaner pass and no nick.
Either way I still like the MMOC but the TNNSER 3D is a truly impressive razor. I did the rest of the first pass with the MMOC so it wouldn't feel bad but finished things off with the TNNSER 3D. This razor for me shaves great shallow or steep and doesn't make me pay on blood if I get a bit heavy handed, even on the more sensitive spots on my neck.
Nice test -- and mirrors my experience with the TNNSER 3D -- although my testing has been more qualitative and far less scientific. I have been extremely impressed with the performance of this 3D-printed razor.

Top Bottom