The Daily Double

Ever Sharp grey handle Krona circa 1964/Post 1890 Wade and Butcher full wedge

Attachments

• EFC219F8-94BF-4A04-8F89-3DEECCAD6F95.jpeg
    EFC219F8-94BF-4A04-8F89-3DEECCAD6F95.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
1C975983-CE1B-4B5C-9C42-B0C285607ABD.jpeg
1920’s German Salamander/Challenge “Rifle” razor/1916 Gillette Old Type

First pass with the Rifle with Thuringian edge, second pass Salamander with Coticule edge, Old Type with five use Feathet for sideburns and nose area.

My ninth shave with the Gem stainless blade today. I used the MMCP to take out seven days growth. The MMCP is no joke it handled very long stubble with ease. Cella gave good cushion and glide, for a nearly irritation free CCS shave. Wtg Atg and some cleanup. And had my wife clean up the back of my neck with the Gillete super adjustable. Below is a picture after completing the first pass on the right side of my neck.
20190203_164807.jpg
20190203_074316~2.jpg
20190203_074517~2.jpg

My ninth shave with the Gem stainless blade today. I used the MMCP to take out seven days growth. The MMCP is no joke it handled very long stubble with ease. Cella gave good cushion and glide, for a nearly irritation free CCS shave. Wtg Atg and some cleanup. And had my wife clean up the back of my neck with the Gillete super adjustable. Below is a picture after completing the first pass on the right side of my neck. View attachment 949242 View attachment 949243 View attachment 949244
You didn’t trust her with the MMCP?
Thank you for participating in DD, Brotherman. ;)

I'm going to like this thread, at least until I get a good shave with just a straight. Here's Friday's shave, my very first. Erik Anton Berg / POMCO German slant.

2019-02-01 21.56.17.jpg

I was going to shave tonight but I don't think I'm going to get a chance, I don't want to rush it. Here's what I have laid out for probably tomorrow night. J.A.Henckels #124 / 1933 Barbasol Floating Head.

2019-02-03 17.05.41.jpg

I'm going to like this thread, at least until I get a good shave with just a straight. Here's Friday's shave, my very first. Erik Anton Berg / POMCO German slant.
Very nice razors. I may have to break out some of my straight razors soon.

View attachment 949272

I was going to shave tonight but I don't think I'm going to get a chance, I don't want to rush it. Here's what I have laid out for probably tomorrow night. J.A.Henckels #124 / 1933 Barbasol Floating Head.

View attachment 949273

Very nice razors. I'm going to have to break out some of my my straight razors soon you guys are making me jealous.

View attachment 949272

View attachment 949273
:a50::a50:Thank you joining us, my friend . Your set up looks fantastic.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
My first Daily Double -- and I really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the post-shave clean up all that much, but it was worth it to be able to drive 2 razors that I absolutely love!!! First pass was the Lather Catcher, the second pass was the MMOC, touch-up pass was the Lather Catcher. Ended up with was DFS that was bordering on a BBS.

Here's today's setup

First Razor: 1902 Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher (model HR 14A) with a GEM PTFE on its 5th shave
Second Razor: Gold (bump-less) Micromatic Open Comb with a Treet Carbon blade on its 4th shave
Soap: Stirling's Margaritas in the Artic | Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic | A/S: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
IMG_1491.jpg

My first Daily Double -- and I really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the post-shave clean up all that much, but it was worth it to be able to drive 2 razors that I absolutely love!!! First pass was the Lather Catcher, the second pass was the MMOC, touch-up pass was the Lather Catcher. Ended up with was DFS that was bordering on a BBS.

Here's today's setup

First Razor: 1902 Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher (model HR 14A) with a GEM PTFE on its 5th shave
Second Razor: Gold (bump-less) Micromatic Open Comb with a Treet Carbon blade on its 4th shave
Soap: Stirling's Margaritas in the Artic | Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic | A/S: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
View attachment 949517

Thank you for participating, brother Fred. :ladysman:

Here's today's setup

View attachment 949517

Very nice, I love the old Lather Catchers. They give a wonderful shave.

Top Bottom