What's new

The Curse of Oak Island

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I think the Money Pit is interesting. I just wish I could trust that what is happening in the show is real, and not just another made for TV reality program.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I read about the story when I was kid. At the time it totally fascinated me. Now it's just more of a curiosity. Even if there is not a buried treasure, I hope a least they uncover something.

Last edited:
I saw the first 5 or 6 episodes and then I stopped. It wasn't that bad, just never really went back to it (and I like watching those kind of crazy shows). Was thinking about catching up and watching again.

Bingo. I saw parts of 2-3 of these shows. All looked like the same show to me. No resoulution in sight and faux drama.

I think the Money Pit is interesting. I just wish I could trust that what is happening in the show is real, and not just another made for TV reality program.

I got hooked on it last year, I'm not sure if it's real or drama, but it's an interesting watch. Glad to know season two starts tonight!!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Love the concept, hate the production. What Reality TV needs is reality.

This is how I think too. To me a more documentary type show without the drama is the way to go. There is some really good history of prior crews and prospectors who tried their luck.

Last edited:
I admit they have me suckered into watching, they better find more than a copper penny from the 1600's when it's all said and done though.

From what I've seen of the show so far, it's nothing but setback after setback (like my other favorite show Gold-Rush). Its painful to watch such dedicated people struggling so hard to find something they "hope" exists.
I have always been fascinated with historical mysteries, and truly hope they find something substantial whether it be a lost relic or pirate booty :)

Please no spoilers! Canada airs the show 2-3 weeks after the US.

Really wish they would condense the hour-long shows to 1/2 hour episodes. Too many shows on History and Discovery always spend way too much time "recapping" what was just shown a few minutes earlier after returning from commercial breaks. It really affects the watching enjoyment.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Please no spoilers! Canada airs the show 2-3 weeks after the US.

Really wish they would condense the hour-long shows to 1/2 hour episodes. Too many shows on History and Discovery always spend way too much time "recapping" what was just shown a few minutes earlier after returning from commercial breaks. It really affects the watching enjoyment.

I agree with that.

I try to record everything on my DVR and watch it later so I can fast forward past the commercials.
Saves about 20 minutes for every hour long show.

Funny this post comes up. My wife just informed me this evening that we have a History Channel app on the Fire Tv. Well what do you know? I opened it up and found a lot of content for streaming. Including Season 2; Episode 1. So we will likely follow it and see if it holds our attention.

As an aside they also have a new series in which they look for giants. That episode was available as well. I need to check the service further to see what is and is not available. I also agree with the frustration over the continuing recaps of information shared two minutes earlier. Very annoying. And yes, drop the faux drama including the building crescendo of music to hail its coming.

I remember reading about that when I was a kid. I think that's why I find it interesting. The problem is that they seem to jump all over the island instead of doing solid research on on some of the things they have found. I would love to see someone dive into the actual money pit to verify some of the things they photographed there.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This series is actually getting pretty interesting. Apparently they drilled into the side of the main vault under the money pit. Are the Templar's involved?

Top Bottom