What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

I have a streamline on the way and will soon be a member of the cult. I will be curious to see how the shave compares to the Cobra and King Cobra.

Be sure and let us know what you think. I have all three, and all three are great razors. However, to me, the Cobras shave much differently than the Streamline.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Congratulations Phil, the Streamline is an iconic razor for sure. I'll look forward to your take on comparing those three razors, as the Cobras obviously are using a different format.

Be sure and let us know what you think. I have all three, and all three are great razors. However, to me, the Cobras shave much differently than the Streamline.

Congratulations Phil, the Streamline is an iconic razor for sure. I'll look forward to your take on comparing those three razors, as the Cobras obviously are using a different format.

Congratulations! It will be VERY interesting to hear your comparison.

Thanks guys. I should receive the razor sometime next week and will report back once I have shaved with it a few times.

The Jewel label is misapplied to the Gem version.
Jewel refers to either Gem or Ever-Ready in the metal case.
Streamline to either brand in the plastic clamshell.
Ambassador in the coloured rectangular.

Either brand in the larger white clamshell is not called any of these things.

It's confusing, until you look at the Gillettes from the pre-war era, these are also differentiated based on the case, so it was apparently common practice.
Very good...you guys are getting good at this.

My Streamline arrived in the mail! I plan to take it for a test spin tomorrow.

proxy.php

Very good first shave with the Streamline this AM. I need to adjust to the razor a bit as I found myself using slightly too much pressure on the neck. All in all though, a very smooth shave. I will be really interested in my thoughts once I learn the razor.

How wide is the leather strop for the Autostrop? Does anyone have the full dimensions? I really dig this razor but it is so hard to find a strop. Thanks for sharing.

Someone just won a mint - maybe unused set on eBay this afternoon. The strop still in cellophane and the blades wrapped. Beautiful set - my wife encouraged me to bid on it, but the price got out of hand (for me). It was an amazing set and someone is going to love it - hopefully they use it - at least the SE razor.

Hopefully someone on here and participating in the thread is the new owner.

ER Streamline /Gem names !!
Interesting info on naming of razor nearly always called Streamline.
Earlier subscriber states.
1. Jewel is in Metal Box
2 Ambassador in rectangular plastic, Loc Box
3 Streamline in Single Clamshell
4 The Razor & Strop Set has no name

Most of us have referred to No 4 as a Streamline. But have just come across one for Sale. It is in an original cardboard box, on the front it is
shown as an Ever Ready Razor- "New Chrome & Strop Outfit ". On the side of the box it is described as " Chromium plated Razor and Strop". However , guess for simplicity it will always be called a " Streamline".

Very good first shave with the Streamline this AM. I need to adjust to the razor a bit as I found myself using slightly too much pressure on the neck. All in all though, a very smooth shave. I will be really interested in my thoughts once I learn the razor.
Is worth the learning curve

Top Bottom