What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

That would be me. I had to go to work in the morning and the bid was going to end in the early afternoon. I wanted one, lost on several previous opportunities, so placed a maximum bid that I know was higher than others of you might have paid for yours. If I could have watched the last few minutes of bidding I could have played the bidding game and probably paid less. I tell myself it is still less money than a Plisson brush. If anyone has a spare of the white blade holder, mine is missing one, I would like to buy it.

[/QUOTE]
That would be me. I had to go to work in the morning and the bid was going to end in the early afternoon. I wanted one, lost on several previous opportunities, so placed a maximum bid that I know was higher than others of you might have paid for yours. If I could have watched the last few minutes of bidding I could have played the bidding game and probably paid less. I tell myself it is still less money than a Plisson brush. If anyone has a spare of the white blade holder, mine is missing one, I would like to buy it.

Nice catch, i was watching that one also, Wow it went for $138.07 pretty penny those Ever Ready Streamline cased sets they have been going for pretty penny. Good luck with that blade case i imagine it wont be easy finding one, but not impossible either, Maybe a memeber can come to the rescue.

Last edited:
Ah cool, fella, congrats & welcome to the collective or hive, anyways welcome to the cult!

I've got a few Streamlines, but I just happened to snap a shot of my orangered Ambassador set for another thread so I thought I'd pop in and add it here as well for anyone who missed that other thread.

proxy.php

I now have 2 streamline sets. Both in case w/stropper, but no strop. One is a first gen "notchback" that I posted before, and the second is a second (?) gen solid spine. In addition to there being differences in the razor, there are also a couple small differences in the stropper. I'll get pics up soon.

Last edited:
Here are my two sets:
proxy.php

Here are the differences between the razors: Older on Left, Newer on Right.
First is the size of the openings, the number of teeth (old 13, New 14), and the teeth openings on the Newer)
proxy.php

Next is the different attachment sites where the handle meets the head, and the different thickness of the necks of the handles (newer slightly thinner).
proxy.php

And lastly the notchback on the older and the solid spine on the newer.
proxy.php

Now, as I mentioned before the differences in the stroppers:
First is the writing on the bottom. The older one has nothing written anywhere on it. The newer one says:
Ever-Ready
Pat Appld for - Made in England
Automatic Stropper​
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the last difference I noted between my two models is the blade stop on the stroppers are on opposite sides. (And again noting the thinner hanlde on the newer model)
proxy.php

ok my new one came today....

proxy.php
proxy.php

ok how would i go about securing the handle in place?
proxy.php
proxy.php

ok i have done some comparison pics....... NEW type on the Left & OLD type on the Right

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
@ ISpike, <--- catchy name ;o) i wonder if that handle can be threaded? Also congrats on that set, that metal case is Next on my list :eek:)

Thanks guys, well I certainly need to look into it, as I dare not, shave with it until I get it fixed some how, I'll post better pics of the 2 pieces, later when I get home,

Thanks guys, well I certainly need to look into it, as I dare not, shave with it until I get it fixed some how, I'll post better pics of the 2 pieces, later when I get home,

Ad,

My Streamline arrived in two pieces, too. When manufactured the handle was a press fit. Do you have J-B Weld in the UK, that is what I will use to lock the two pices back together. I think epoxy would work just as well, though.

yeah i knew there was a defect, but i thought if i could fix it it could be in my main rotation,
heres a better pic.. the handle is hollow for half the length, if anyone is interested

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom