What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

+1--Tom is very helpfull and very knowlegable

That's the understatement of the year!

+ 3 Grateful to have Tom around

+4
He has helped me so much on my journey through SE shaving bliss.

Yes, Tom does a lot of research for us, and that takes a lot of work. It entails long hours of internet and outside searching. Much of the research has to be confirmed and doing that also takes a high level of work. I appreciate Tom's contributions to B&B. It makes learning about our hobby sooo much fun.:thumbup1:

I stand corrected, its Indo-China.
CFM is a term of indearment to ebay's no other than cedatfurnitureman.
And you are absolutely right, Casablanca scenes props is one thing but nothing beats a photo of Margaret Dumont shaving her legs with a Lather-Catcher.....
Some times we confuse that with other terms too:lol:

Jeff-
I purchased it for $57.01 from a seller in England - the case is cracked but the razor and stropper are in amazing condition - if they were ever used they weren't used often. My first shave was a bit of a disappointment, it was much more aggressive than I was bargaining for.. and the weight of the razor is such that I actually had to apply some negative pressure against the razor to reduce the agressiveness and find the right angle. So i got a little scraped up - just some irritation mind you..., no nicks. And it was one close shave. That being said, this is ONE amazing razor, like holding the ultimate piece of shaving engineering in your hand. It weight A LOT and it feels great. I don't think I will have enough fuzz on my face to give this sportscar another go on Sunday morning but I will shave with it again on Monday and give it another review. I think the word is getting out on Ebay about these - there is one for sale at a BIN of $170

Question out there for JEFF or anyone...- how much were these things brand NEW?
they must have cost a fortune, I can't believe how big and heavy the razor is.

proxy.php

That price plus I assume 12 - 15 for shipping.Good deal,looks great.
You can keep the blade cover almost flat against your face and still be b

lastin' whiskers.If you stay near that angle until you find the sweet spot it'll help you dial it in.

$170 BIN uhhhh No but I will say I would likely pay over the top money to get the older 1930's type with larger drain opening and wider spaced teeth.
bidding has ended.....i think nobody go it.
Starting bid:
US $170.00
[ 0 bids ]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintag...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
proxy.php
proxy.php

This could be a telling moment...if the EBAY $170 wonder actually sells, we have entered a new level of razor costs. If it doesn't sell, we may see a decline in interest or status quo valuation.

What do you gentlemen wager on this thing selling for $170? I'm thinking no. You?
No one posted a bid on that auction, inspite of the warning that it will not be listed again...

You mean the one with the AutoStrop Razor Strop in place of the original Ever Ready Strop???? I can't believe no one jumped on that! :scared::001_rolle

Last edited:
I paid less for a Rhodium set, but not by much. $170.00 is high, if it had the original box and paperwork and strop I would have taken it.

Some aristocrats and fatboy singles are not all that far away, there are more of them, and they are no streamline.

I paid less for a Rhodium set, but not by much. $170.00 is high, if it had the original box and paperwork and strop I would have taken it.

Some aristocrats and fatboy singles are not all that far away, there are more of them, and they are no streamline.
If its a collector item (mint, all the paperwork,packaging, etc) then sure, all bets are off in collector sphere.

You mean the one with the AutoStrop Razor Strop in place of the original Ever Ready Strop???? I can't believe no one jumped on that! :scared::001_rolle
Yeah, the all important strop no one will ever use. That must have been the reason no one bid. I hope I can get the full set some day so I can have the satisfaction of owning that strop I'll never use.

Last edited:
Yeah, the all important strop no one will ever use.

Along those lines, I wonder why so many of these razors are in excellent/unused condition today. I know they were built like a tank and shave well, so I can't imagine why they weren't used more. Maybe people got them as gifts, but already had a razor that they liked and so they just stuck them in a drawer.

Last edited:
Yeah, the all important strop no one will ever use. That must have been the reason no one bid. I hope I can get the full set some day so I can have the satisfaction of owning that strop I'll never use.

I'm sorry. Was that your set you were trying to unload? You know anyone who is going to spend that much money on a set wants it to be complete with the ORIGINAL components. A thousand pardons for me for pointing out the obvious and then you showing me the error of my ways.

Quality manufacturing and materials is all part of why they are so special I think not that they were not used. I mean there are a million razors out there but when you get the right materials, the right manufacturing process, the right handle, the right weight, the right slant and blade mount, all these factors come together almost as unforseen intangibles that create a great experience with everything working together. Imagine designing and making a razor that exceeds your expectations, the streamline had to do that when the first one was made.

This thread could be ramping up sales though, the action is a bit crazy on ebay and things will calm down at some point I would guess.

Side note I am hearing great things about slant razors and am curious to compare.

Along those lines, I wonder why so many of these razors are in excellent/unused condition today. I know they were built like a tank and shave well, so I can't imagine why they weren't used more. Maybe people got them as gifts, but already had a razor that they liked and so they just stuck them in a drawer.

I'm sorry. Was that your set you were trying to unload? You know anyone who is going to spend that much money on a set wants it to be complete with the ORIGINAL components. A thousand pardons for me for pointing out the obvious and then you showing me the error of my ways.

Same city, pretty funny...

You guys are too good. Anybody want to buy my Streamline with the wrong strop?

I am not a collector myself and don't even worry about cases or strops or such. I have the older Streamline without a case or strop and am perfectly satisfied, I am sure somebody would be interested in your razor, it looks like a fine example, the price just needs to be more reasonable, it never hurts to try and sell for a high amount, ebay is indeed a place to try and get the most out of something.

This strop is the original,it's never been used.I have another Streamline I shave with,never tried this one,I don't see any sign that it's ever been used by anyone.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got the "Radio Steel" blades ? Then ya need a proper strop :001_cool:

Blades come and go,I think we're extremely fortunate to be able to shave with GEM PTFE Coated Stainless Steel but it's cool to have this little piece of yesteryear as it was….

proxy.php

Pm a reasonable price I'll take it :) No yield in savings and money market accts the stock market is a gamble I figure buy and hold streamlines.

This strop is the original,it's never been used.I have another Streamline I shave with,never tried this one,I don't see any sign that it's ever been used by anyone.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got the "Radio Steel" blades ? Then ya need a proper strop :001_cool:

Blades come and go,I think we're extremely fortunate to be able to shave with GEM PTFE Coated Stainless Steel but it's cool to have this little piece of yesteryear as it was….

proxy.php

Top Bottom