What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

Just got a call, the Gem set that was won on Superbowl Sunday has been delivered. It is a cased Jewel/Stropper combo complete with all the blade cases, etc. It had to come from Australia, so it took a while to get here. I will get some pics and post them as soon as I can this weekend.

I recently snared this on UK ebay for about $36 (including shipping to the US). It arrived about a week ago and I am in love. It's enough to make me de-lurk...

One thing I have noticed is that every other SE razor I have has some side-to-side play in the blade when the top is open. Not so here, the fit is precise.

$In Case.JPG$Case and Razor.JPG$Razor.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my British ER Streamline. I must say that this thread inspired me to give it a drive today!!

Attachments

• $P1050183.JPG
    $P1050183.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 760
OK, here's proof of the existence of at least a second Gem Jewel set:

Attachments

• $Razors 154.jpg
    $Razors 154.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 776
  • $Razors 155.jpg
    $Razors 155.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 775
  • $Razors 156.jpg
    $Razors 156.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 768
I have no idea what you mean by that. Are there different versions? Do tell...

Early versions were a different head design. They had a notch on the spine of the razor where the blade spring was inserted, and the blade bed had two large lather holes similar to the Micromatic Cog pruf design. Later models had a solid spine; the lather holes were made smaller on the blade bed and also added to each concave groove on the tooth comb. Check out ShavinBacon's excellent Streamline comparison thread.

WoW cool info mate, thanks lots,

Early versions were a different head design. They had a notch on the spine of the razor where the blade spring was inserted, and the blade bed had two large lather holes similar to the Micromatic Cog pruf design. Later models had a solid spine; the lather holes were made smaller on the blade bed and also added to each concave groove on the tooth comb. Check out ShavinBacon's excellent Streamline comparison thread.

That should not prove to be a difficult task as your country is literally swimming in those things...

Yeah I have only seen UK sellers, some of them ask silly prices, as with nicely boxed Damaskeene's
altho still hard to find and all in very good condition, but most of the time the leather strop is missing,

I currently own 4 but have 2 going out to some fellow members here if I ever get my act together (sorry guys...been a rough year). As much as I love my Darwin Deluxe DE, I have to admit that this is hands down my favorite razor and my go to razor at least 75% of the time. It just works for me it's so efficient. The set I own with the stropper I don't believe was used before me. I took the plastic off the strop as it was thin and falling off anyway but the strop has never been used. Just beautiful razors. The thread Shanman linked to has copies of the instructions that came with mine as well.

$Streamline Razors 001.jpg
$Streamline Razors 003.jpg
$Streamline Razors 008.jpg

Top Bottom