What's new

The Cube.

javyn said:
Is that cube a bath soap that happens to work well for shaving, or is it made specifically for shaving?

My soaps specifically made for shaving. If I don't use them after a while, with all the creams I have, they dry out a little and this helps.

javyn said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "the cube"...looks from the pic to be a soap...but Craig is soaking it in water!!!

Btw Savon is 72% olive oil, KMF olive bar is 80. I don't know which is better, haven't tried either of them, but just throwing that out there.

John,

Thanks for posting that info. I knew the Savon was 72% but I was unable to locate the specs for the KMF, which I have been experimenting with to see if it makes a difference and it does seem to up the edge on lubrication when mixed with my creams.

I have considered ordering a cube of Savon, but I will just continue to use the KMF bar to complete my experimentation and comparisons since they are somewhat similar in composition.

javyn said:
Is that cube a bath soap that happens to work well for shaving, or is it made specifically for shaving?
The one sold by CAR is made specifically for method shaving. Interestingly enough though, before he started making the cube, he recommended the use of Savon de Marseilles (a bath soap) for the same purpose. I have used both for method shaving and found both to work well, with a slight edge going to the cube. It seems to produce a slicker lather. I have also used both as a facial/bath soap and like them equally for this purpose.

What's the deal with everyone thinking the cube smells bad? I kinda like the smell of it. It has a kind of old leather type smell to me.

Top Bottom