What's new

The Converter is Empty

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Franklin-Christoph B&B 2012 LE fountain pen ran out of J Herbin Éclat de Saphir. I'm loving the pen, but I'm going to flush it and set it aside for a short while.

Refilled the 3776 Century Bourgogne tonight. Took the Diamine Saddle Brown out replaced with Diamine Merlot.

I have a couple of Pelikans that need to be flushed - the 120 Merz & Krell and M150. The M200 blue marbled (early 90's) with OB I haven't decided if I will refill with Lamy Pacific or something else yet.....

@Runnin_Ute that sounds like a great combination of ink color & pen; I had my 3776 bourgogne inked with MB Winter Glow at Christmastime and it just felt "right." :lol:

Decided that my blend of Waterman Florida Blue / Black is going to become my work ink of choice so transferred the ink from the Preppy to a Metro with a fine nib. The Platinum medium nib was shockingly wide for a Japanese medium and I need a fine line for ticking and tying financial statements at work.

The 3776 was filled with Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot, my copper Estie J got refilled with Diamine Merlot. Not sure what I will put in the LJ..... It had Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue in it. May stay the same, may change to something different.

Made the following changes tonight.
3776 Century Bourgogne - changed from Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot to Diamine Merlot
Refilled the TWSBI 580 with Levenger Amethyst. Second fill.
Refilled a Pelikan M200 (blue marbled) with Lamy Pacific. (two or three, I forget)
Parker 45 Flighter - new to rotation to Diamine Blue Black
Esterbrook LJ (Bell Systems) - Diamine Saddle Brown - two previous fills of this in this pen followed a dark blue which I never could seem to get completely flushed. So it looked greenish. Very weird. Finally got it. Part of the problem was some of the Barrier Reef Blue in the cap.

Flushed my Noodler's Konrad. I had a single use of Diamine Magical Forest in it (literally a single page), a copper Esterbrook J flushed of Diamine Merlot and these were taken out of rotation. I now have a total of nine inked.

Untouched but inked:
(Eco- Apache Sunset; True Writer Silver Anniversary - Sherwood Green; M200 Cognac - Daintree Green; J transitional - Sydney Harbour Blue)

Esterbrook SJ refilled with Thornton Luxury Goods Red.
Gave it a real good cleaning this time, as previous load of TLG red turned purple brown.

Flushed the Esterbrook transitional J and out of rotation, refilled with Diamine Sherwood Green the True Writer Silver Anniversary, Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot refill into the Jinhao 599, and Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue into the Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne.

Everything else remained the same. Sometime last week the Esterbrook SJ got Blackstone Red Cashmere.

Flushed Heart of Darkness out of the Karas Customs Fountain K, refilled with Pilot Yama-Guri.
Flushed Diamine Imperial Purple out of the Jinhao X750, refilled with Diamine Apple Glory.

Been a few months since either pen was flushed, the Jinhao was becoming rather messy. With the Goulet XF nib it has risen to the top spot, the Karas is #2. All the other pens are sitting on the bench.

Franklin-Christoph #20, medium nib ran dry of Private Reserve Tanzanite, and the Kaweco Ice Sport, medium nib ran dry of, um, Blue.

Last night I flushed both the Esterbrook SJ and LJ, and they went back in the box. The Lamy Al Star flushed the remaining Fire Opal out and out of rotation as well as my Jinhao 599. I refilled the Parker 51 Special with Diamine Merlot and filled my Pelikan 120 Merz and Krell with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black.

In addition to those, my Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne has Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue, TWSBI 580 - Diamine Saddle Brown, TWSBI Eco - Diamine Steel Blue, Parker 45 Flighter - Diamine Blue Black, True Writer Silver Anniversary - Diamine Sherwood Green, Pelikan M200 Cognac - Blackstone Daintree Green, Pelikan M200 - Lamy Pacific.

Refilled Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black, changed Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne from Blackstone Uluru Red to Lamy Coral.

Top Bottom