What's new

The Converter is Empty

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
This thread is making me smile! And started by someone whose icon is Dr. Who! I love it!

since lockdown I have started writing a diary, rotating my fps and drying them up. At times I've had 4 pens to write with, one a day. Now I have two, a Kaweco Sport chess and a very old Waterman with gold 'coat' around it. Hope I empty them before my 2 'new' pens arrive otherwise I'll have, again, 4 pens to finish off hahaha
Inks are Diamine Grey and Waterman Harmonious Green

Pilot Metropolitan with Namiki Blue. Worksheets for a cursive course are burning through ink.

Watched some videos and learned how to properly fill a converter. This was my first empty of a full fill.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Awesome! Good luck with the cursive. Penmanship is a great skill.

I kind of forgot about this thread. I'll have to post my empties when they come up. This past weekend, my 3776 finally ran dry of the Asa Gao I had in it. For grins and giggles, I refilled it with Organic Studio Santiago Sea.

Just emptied my Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne (B) of its fill of Diamine Merlot. Will likely get refilled with same, vut I don't have to make that decision today.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Wing Sung piston filler had another slurp of Diamine Sherwood Green last week, and the Baoer got a new Chocolate Brown cartridge to replace the empty Ancient Copper one.

Ran my Namiki Vanishing Point dry. Cleaned it and put it away. Pulled out my blue & black striped Pelican 400. Filled it with Pelican blue/black ink. That will last a while.

Robert Oster Thunderstorm stopped flowing from the Metropolitan. Cleaned and refilled with new Monteverde Horizon Blue. I also tried out the squeeze converter that came with the Metro rather than the twist-top converter. It's a lot faster to fill. I don't know if ink quantity is different.

Thunderstorm wrote a very, very fine line and was fairly dry. Horizon Blue, wow! It really comes out. Perhaps because it's lubricated? It's more of a medium line. Robert Oster's Thunderstorm did not bleed through the newspaper (puzzle section). Monteverde's Horizon Blue does.

Top Bottom