What's new

The Converter is Empty

Pilot Metropolitan, Medium nib.
Converter is probably running dry. Who can tell? It's opaque black rubber.
Had Diamine Green Black in it.
I shall replace it with the cartridge of black ink that originally came with the pen.
In the future I can refill that with a syringe.
Finally, the cartridge ran dry.
Flushed the section and refilled the cartridge with Diamine Ancient Copper.

Waterman Laureat with Scrips ran dry yesterday, and upon flush/cleaning discovered the nozzle on the converter had split. New converter inbound. Decided to put a Waterman blue cartridge into the Waterman Kulture (f) from the Musée Marmotan Monet exhibit.

(How do I get an accent aigu without copying one from elsewhere?)

My white Wing Sung 698 (Plumix nib) was close to being out of Waterman's Tender Purple so I flushed it out and filled it with KWZ Green Gold.

Filled my 9668 nibbed Esterbrook SJ double-jewel with Robert Oster Thunderstorm today. A very dark blue-grey color that flows nicely with this nib.

TWSBI 530 mini got a reload of ESS Registrar's.

IMG_0350.jpg

Both Waterman's ran dry of the samples they were filled with, I refilled the Laureat with an International cart refilled from a sample of Robert Oster Fire & Ice. Writing sample to follow, as this ink is... WOW.

I almost never use a pen/ink combo long enough to actually run it dry. lol I tend to empty out several of my pens, flush them, then put a couple different ones in every week or so.

My Lamy Safari was running empty on a Lamy purple cartridge, so I flushed it and filled the cartridge with a sample of Robert Oster Deep Purple.

Lamy Al-Star Fine, refilled with Diamine Wild Strawberry again.

Faber-Castell Loom Broad, refilled with Diamine Syrah this time.

strop

Now half as wise
Blue Parker Vacumatic ran dry. Flushed and put away. Have a various other pens inked, so I'll run them dry before I decide.

Top Bottom