What's new

The Converter is Empty

Nemosine Fission .6 italic stub - 75% Iroshizuku Yama-Guri + 25% water.
No flushing, just squirted it into the converter with a hypodermic needle.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wing Sung 601-F w/Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Finally done! I kept wondering when this was going to happen. :crazy:

TWSBI 530 Mini got a reload of Diamine Registrar’s. It went months without a reload, and for giggles I’m tracking this load to see how long it lasts.

E74D4BB9-E5B3-4976-A64E-591831DDD08F.jpeg

Last night flushed three, taking one out of rotation and filling four.
Out: True Writer Silver Anniversary

Newly in:
Sheaffer Targa with Diamine Ancient Copper
Guider Capsule with Levenger Pomegranate

New fills: (changed inks)
Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled with Lamy Pacific
Pelikan M200 Cognac with Blackstone Green Cashmere

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another Frankenink in my Nemosine Fission .6 italic stub: 80% Diamine Ancient Copper + 20% Iroshizuku Yama-Guri
It makes a nice warm rusty brown.

Tonight was also the first time I'd taken my Nemosine nib/feeder/section completely apart for a good cleaning, and just to see how it's built. It was a grand journey of exploration.
Upon close inspection with a 10X loupe I discovered a wee bit of debris in the slit. I managed to floss it out with a single thread pulled from a piece of Organza fabric.

Nemosine Fission .6 italic stub: 75% Diamine Ancient Copper + 25% Iroshizuku Yama-Guri
A teeny bit darker, and more chocolatey.
Easier to fill and mix with a long blunt tip syringe. (compared to a hypodermic needle)

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Nemosine Fission .6 italic stub: 75% Diamine Ancient Copper + 25% Iroshizuku Yama-Guri
A teeny bit darker, and more chocolatey.
Easier to fill and mix with a long blunt tip syringe. (compared to a hypodermic needle)
That’s cool John. Do you ever worry about pH or bad chemical reactions when you’re mixing inks? Or do you have all that figured out?

That’s cool John. Do you ever worry about pH or bad chemical reactions when you’re mixing inks? Or do you have all that figured out?
Yes I have it all figured out.
I figure the worst I'm likely to have to do is to completely dismantle the nib and feed from the section to clean it all out, so I ignore the warnings. :001_tt2:
I am not concerned about the archival quality of the mixed ink either.
I do not have any valuable vintage pens.
I am careful not to contaminate any bottle with any other ink or water, nor will I return ink back into it's original bottle.

Yes I have it all figured out.
I figure the worst I'm likely to have to do is to completely dismantle the nib and feed from the section to clean it all out, so I ignore the warnings. :001_tt2:
I am not concerned about the archival quality of the mixed ink either.
I do not have any valuable vintage pens.
I am careful not to contaminate any bottle with any other ink or water, nor will I return ink back into it's original bottle.

a man after my own heart... I just put all the dregs of unwanted ink, lonely and sad in their isolation into my old Lamy bottle where I think they are happy. No matter what I put in there it turns into "brown". "Dump Pot Brown" I call it. NO CARBON INKS ALLOWED!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My Kaweco Sport ran dry mid-afternoon. Now the question is, do I refill with the same Noodler's Liberty's Elysium (a nice ink, for sure), another ink... or do I do with a different pen entirely? Hmmmm

Tonight. Phil Collins.

1. Noodlers Dr. Zhivago (black-green) into the Waterman.

2. Noodlers Squeteague (dark green) into the Pelikan.

Pilot Metropolitan, Medium nib.
Converter is probably running dry. Who can tell? It's opaque black rubber.
Had Diamine Green Black in it.
I shall replace it with the cartridge of black ink that originally came with the pen.
In the future I can refill that with a syringe.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Pilot Metropolitan, Medium nib.
Converter is probably running dry. Who can tell? It's opaque black rubber.
Had Diamine Green Black in it.
I shall replace it with the cartridge of black ink that originally came with the pen.
In the future I can refill that with a syringe.
I can never tell when that rubber converter is running low. The options are re-ink it every few days to keep it topped off or carry a spare cart. Or a second pen.

Wing Sung 3008 was getting low, and starting a new job in a week. Flushed and filled with Noodler's 54th Mass blue to have time to test that ink in this pen before starting the new gig.

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom