What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-11-27.1.jpg

From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

View attachment 1299993
Oh yeah! Depression, Great as it was is starting to be behind us now. We're starting to get on track again. I can afford to treat myself a little on the upgraded package. At this value, I can't afford to pass it up really. I have a sneaking feeling we'll see this message again.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have no idea what happened to the judge but having smoked PA for the past couple of months, I’m completely sold on it. A recurring theme through all of these codger blend ads is mildness and mildness is what I enjoy most in my pipe.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-12-11.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-12-11.3.jpg

A billiard, another billiard with what looks like a horn stem, and (for the first time in a while) a bent pipe with a military mount or a metal decoration where shank and stem meet. Diversity!

At first I thought they were engineers at work or something similar, but I see Left Side Guy is holding a bowling ball, and the banner overhead says "bowling match." Peculiar even for those dressier times, too, that they should all be pictured in dress shirts and ties.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A billiard, another billiard with what looks like a horn stem, and (for the first time in a while) a bent pipe with a military mount or a metal decoration where shank and stem meet. Diversity!

At first I thought they were engineers at work or something similar, but I see Left Side Guy is holding a bowling ball, and the banner overhead says "bowling match." Peculiar even for those dressier times, too, that they should all be pictured in dress shirts and ties.
Perhaps a ladies team is in the next lane.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

And the coffee table enters into the 1940s ...

40-1-15.1.jpg

View attachment 1300427

Hard to imagine him throwing that bowling ball with his sausages in the finger holes that deep... The bowling balls of the 40's were rubber cover stock over the solid core and PAP, mean hook and lots of friction on a wooden lane. Appears the low score was 174 which means strikes, pick ups on spares, few open frames, decent games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom