What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-8.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

The Naughty Nash. There was once a time when if the boy pulled up in one of these, Sis wasn’t allowed to leave the house.

39-10-2.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

A complete aside about this one. The word gale always reminds me of one of Benny Hill’s funnier quips … “And now, we have a gale warning: Gail, get out of the house! His wife’s coming up the walk!”

39-10-23.1.jpg

15 to 50 mph in less than 13 seconds! I suppose it seemed quick. I'm guessing the 3.3 seconds, 0 - 60 mph, for a Mustang Shelby GT500 (stock), will seem slow to some future codgers.
That Nash was the baddest thing on the road in its day. Either your Shelby or my Dodge Hellcat is probably a very apt comparison.

It's like the Kawasaki K1back in it's day. 900cc engine with 4 cylinders of Japanese fury pushing 87 horses to the wheel. If you had one it was because you had a death wish according to the codgers of its day.

I had forgotten all about the Nash. Thank you Columbo for bringing that back.

That Nash was the baddest thing on the road in its day. Either your Shelby or my Dodge Hellcat is probably a very apt comparison.

It's like the Kawasaki K1back in it's day. 900cc engine with 4 cylinders of Japanese fury pushing 87 horses to the wheel. If you had one it was because you had a death wish according to the codgers of its day.

I had forgotten all about the Nash. Thank you Columbo for bringing that back.
I only wish I had a Shelby! My neighbor across the street eases his GT500 out of the garage every other week or so for a bit of exercise. I'm not sure how fast it runs, but it sure sounds sweet.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Tonight I was smoking SWR watching TV and gravity fed a bowl very lightly and realized a loose pack vs. a pack only slightly tighter made the smoke taste like an entirely different and better blend - sweeter and milder I’ll need to pay more attention in future.

Tonight I was smoking SWR watching TV and gravity fed a bowl very lightly and realized a loose pack vs. a pack only slightly tighter made the smoke taste like an entirely different and better blend - sweeter and milder I’ll need to pay more attention in future.
I did something right too after yesterday's disappointing smoke: I went with Sir Walter in my Stanwell straight billiard with the acrylic stem for a good 30 minutes' smoke, only 1 relight, no tongue bite or dryness. Sir Walter rarely fails to deliver.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-10-23.2.jpg

Top Bottom