What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-6-19.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Yes, it's an Optimo crown. Also, a reminder of a time when roadside zoos were a thing.
There was an old roadside zoo we used to explore in Austin,Tx on N Lamar called the Coxville. As younger kids we’d do it during the day as teenagers we’d go at night. It was very spooky to be in that old zoo that closed 20-30yrs prior. The wind would blow, a cage door would creak, and I swear the lions were loose in the grass behind us.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
There was an old roadside zoo we used to explore in Austin,Tx on N Lamar called the Coxville. As younger kids we’d do it during the day as teenagers we’d go at night. It was very spooky to be in that old zoo that closed 20-30yrs prior. The wind would blow, a cage door would creak, and I swear the lions were loose in the grass behind us.
@seabee1999 has first hand knowledge of a roadside zoo specializing in tigers that used to run near him...
1616305757557_GR036RDKU.2-1.JPG

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
@seabee1999 has first hand knowledge of a roadside zoo specializing in tigers that used to run near him...
View attachment 1283276

Ha ha! When I drove past Wynnewood to see where the Tiger King place was at, the virus had shut things down pretty much and the guy above was already in jail. The new “owners” had just taken over and the Netflix series was a hit. Fast forward a few months (almost a year) and last month sometime the Fed’s came in and shut down the tiger park and removed all the animals. A few weeks ago, the new “owners” were found in Oklahoma City drunk and arrested for DUIs. That’s what I know currently of the famed Tiger King Tiger Park and the folks associated with it.

Top Bottom