What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

40-3.2.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

That couple in the background look more engaged for some reason. She won’t leave the doorstep, and is discreetly covering her leg. He’s right at her, pipe first, straight as an arrow. Perhaps he drives a Nash.

Meanwhile, that tiny airplane flying over the hood is a little disconcerting. There’s something to write home about. But Ben and Suzie seem entertained by it.

In a strange ending, Mom and Dad look really happy as they get out of Dodge in that DeSoto. Don’t talk to strangers, kids.

40-4-8.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-4-29.jpg

A considerable amount of Western (well, Western movie) detail in this ad. The mustachioed fellow is wearing the usual sheriff or marshal star. The center cowgirl in panel 3 (a spur visible on her boot!) appears to be in shade, while her friend to the right is lit as if by sunlight. And the Judge's fedora I thought at first was a felt, but in the last panel it appears to be one of those summer weight hats, the kind that look much like shredded wheat. I can't recall the name of the material, but they are usually textured like that.

An early morning smoke of Granger in my Rigoletto pot-bowl straight pipe. No bite, nice aroma. I can't imagine why this tobacco does not get the big-time love of others out in the pipe-smoking world. Granger, Sir Walter, and Half & Half are The Big Three as far as I'm concerned!

A considerable amount of Western (well, Western movie) detail in this ad. The mustachioed fellow is wearing the usual sheriff or marshal star. The center cowgirl in panel 3 (a spur visible on her boot!) appears to be in shade, while her friend to the right is lit as if by sunlight. And the Judge's fedora I thought at first was a felt, but in the last panel it appears to be one of those summer weight hats, the kind that look much like shredded wheat. I can't recall the name of the material, but they are usually textured like that.

Milan?

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-4.1.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-5-13.1.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
An early morning smoke of Granger in my Rigoletto pot-bowl straight pipe. No bite, nice aroma. I can't imagine why this tobacco does not get the big-time love of others out in the pipe-smoking world. Granger, Sir Walter, and Half & Half are The Big Three as far as I'm concerned!
Granger must have a pretty good following as evidenced by its current existence. Perhaps the average Granger doesn’t prowl pipe smoking boards. Be sure to give PA a good try. There is a definite spot in your line of favorites for it.

Granger must have a pretty good following as evidenced by its current existence. Perhaps the average Granger doesn’t prowl pipe smoking boards. Be sure to give PA a good try. There is a definite spot in your line of favorites for it.
If I can ever find it in a pouch, I will. I don't have the room or inclination for a tub of anything, at least not now. Perhaps I'll try the Match PA soon.

I was wondering what Judge Robbins was doing around such scantily clad women. But you noticed Chubbins was nowhere around there. He doesn't need her getting ideas.
She's next to him in Panel 1 -- I think that's the pair of them in the distance; the guy is wearing a bowtie and has a pipe. And it might be her in Panel 2, seen just above the head of the bandanna-wearing cowboy. But she has no dialog in this installment.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

40-5-13.2.jpg

Top Bottom