What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Codger Cabin

From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-10-30.5.jpg

From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-10.2.jpg

39-10.3.jpg

39-11-6.jpg

🎼 🎸 Grand-mom and Grand-pop ... headin’ on down to the Love Shack ...
... or you wouldn’t be here! 🎸 🎼

(I had some help with this one)

39-11-13.1.jpg

Grand-mom and Grand-pop ... headin’ on down to the Love Shack ...
... or you wouldn’t be here!

(I had some help with this one)

View attachment 1299247

“…scientifically soothing to human nerves.”

I read it in the paper it must be true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The saying once upon a time was that you bought a Ford for the value, a GM for horsepower (?), and a Chrysler for the engineering. The ad seems to emphasize the last item.

I've never owned a Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth. GMs, Fords, Mercedes (before the Chrysler merger days), and a BMW; but never a Chrysler.

At least the Kaywoodie folks have ceased telling us to turn the magazine sideways for "a better view".

And that graph in the PA ad is informative as to the wily ways of the advertisers; under the rubric of "You can prove anything with statistics or a mysterious graph."

At least the Kaywoodie folks have ceased telling us to turn the magazine sideways for "a better view".

And that graph in the PA ad is informative as to the wily ways of the advertisers; under the rubric of "You can prove anything with statistics or a mysterious graph."
I seem to recall reading somewhere that pipe tobacco burns at, what, 500 Centigrade? That's 932 F. Taking 86 from that is still about 846. That's not a lot cooler!

Last edited:
Top Bottom