What's new

The Clog Pruf Rocks!

Today I finished my week or so with my new to me GEM Clog Pruf, WOW is about all I can say! I pared it with GEM SS's and I got 10 smooth weeper free shaves. I now understand all the praise that has been thrown on this razor, what I thought was hype I have found to be fact.I don't think it is aggressive as my OCMM but smoother and still very sharp. It has edged out the OCMM as my second favorite SE now is well entrenched behind my 1912. If you haven't tried a Clog Pruf I highly recommend it and as always YMMV.

This was my razor of choice over the last two days and it was great. I think I have about seven shaves on the GEM SS blade that I picked up at Walgreens and it shows no sign of fading yet. I'm transferring the blade over to a new-to-me SE razor that has a bullet tip, hopefully it does as well as the Clog Pruf!

clog pruf is nice.....and last night i got an irritation free shave from the MMOC....i just reduced any pressure and things worked nicely....i also didnt go ATG on the neck....only on my cheeks. clog pruf photo:

proxy.php

here is the open comb

proxy.php

Last edited:
Out of all the Gem razors the Clog Pruf is my Goldilocks razor. It's the just right razor for lots of reasons.

The first is balance. For me the micromatic series has the best balance of all the Gem razors. While lots of peopleloove their 1912's they just dont balance right and feel good in the hand to me. I like longer and thinner handles and the micromatics have the balance and weight that feels just right.

Next is the agressiveness. I like a nice mediuum to somewhat agressive razor. The Bullet Tip has a nice feel to it but is not agressive enough for a close shave.
The OCMM is a great razor capable of incredible shaves, but is also capable of biting if you are not careful. It would not be my first choice of razors stumbling out of bed half asleep and heading to the bathroom for a shave in the morning.

The Clog Pruf on the other hand is truly a great razor. the balance and feel and the just right agressiveness makes it a staple in my rotation weather I am half awake or ready to go.

It's one of the few razors that I have that I would not mind having an extra, just in case i would loose it (along with my 40's superspeed and sheriton.

Overall one of the truly great razors.

Attachments

• $100_0232.jpg
    $100_0232.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 162
Something I've noticed about the CP's I've had is that the gold ones have 17 teeth that are "taller" than the 12 that the chrome plated ones have. I've had about a half dozen of each and they've all been the same, here's a picture of two of mine to show what I'm talking about. I don't know why they are made differently.

proxy.php

Used my Clog Pruf this morning with Gem SS blade. Nice close shave with no irritation. Still liking my Push Button a little more. My Clog Pruf doesn't have any teeth.

I wasn't aware of that, I only own the chrome model. Did they market them differently or was it just tooled on a different machine? They did some strange things at GEM but made great razors!

Something I've noticed about the CP's I've had is that the gold ones have 17 teeth that are "taller" than the 12 that the chrome plated ones have. I've had about a half dozen of each and they've all been the same, here's a picture of two of mine to show what I'm talking about. I don't know why they are made differently.

Tom, that's interesting about the Clog-Pruf teeth. I had to pull mine out and see for myself. Great work!

"I wasn't aware of that, I only own the chrome model. Did they market them differently or was it just tooled on a different machine? They did some strange things at GEM but made great razors!"

I wish there was more history and background info on the SE razors, so much of the marketing etc. seems to be lost to time.

DD

Disregard everything I said about the differences in the teeth on the two models. I looked at this gold one I have in my office and noticed it has 12 "short" teeth, just like the chrome ones. Anyone have any ideas?

proxy.php

Top Bottom