What's new

The Christmas Contest is here!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm not in folks. Ask @KeenDogg why! lol.

In order to not let you all know just how much I don't give, I hate to even tell a story let alone a true one!

I've got a good one though, that's even true, and doesn't even give me a chance to blow my own horn. I'll tell it eventually.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm not in folks. Ask @KeenDogg why! lol.

In order to not let you all know just how much I don't give, I hate to even tell a story let alone a true one!

I've got a good one though, that's even true, and doesn't even give me a chance to blow my own horn. I'll tell it eventually.
Never gonna happpen.

and-the-winners-are-1.gif

Well Gents, the time has arrived. Random.org has selected our two winners. Remember, each one of them now selects one other winner from those who entered. So there will be a total of four winners.

The two winners are:

@cwright
@oldskool76

If you are a winner either PM me your address or email us at: [email protected]

Please tell me your screen name here on an email so I can check you off the list. Then let me know which one item from our store that you would like to have us ship you: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all

The Captain has been known to include some items from his sample store so those are a nice bonus for our winners. Thanks to each of you who entered. In their own way each entry was heart-warming.

Merry Christmas,

The Captain

Congratulations to @cwright & @oldskool76 !

I am beyond grateful to say that I was one of the chosen secondary winners. I am a physician and we doctors agree “first, do no harm”. We don’t have a second... but I feel most of us think it is “second, acknowledge and respect the dignity of all people and treat them accordingly” I hope my story may inspire somebody to acknowledge and respect the dignity of another this holiday season. A major thanks to @Captain Pre-Capsize for hosting this competition and giving us a forum to share these inspiring tales.

A long time ago, I was a lance corporal (E-3) in the Marine Corps. I had just gotten back from Okinawa and had less than a year left on my contract. I had been in the shop for about a month when I found out that some of my fellow Marines were being attached to 3rd LAAD and being deployed to Iraq (OIF2). One of those Marines and I had a history. He didn't like me and, at least for him, it was with good reason. I thought it was silly but in effect, he didn't think I fit the image of what a Marine is.

Well, anyway, he found out that his wife was pregnant and it was about a month before the scheduled deployment. I don't know what possessed me, but I volunteered to take his place in the deployment. It took some finagling and quite a bit of negotiation but eventually we were able to convince command to make the switch.

I have a hard time casting myself in a good light but this is one of my most shining moments, I think.
I don't know what that man's "image" of a Marine is, but this fits my mine.

Top Bottom