What's new

The Carnival of Smiles Score Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Here is Saxmoore's post for winning the Baxter Blue brush from Baxter of California. Nice! :biggrin:

I was a lucky winner in the Carnival of Smiles and received a Baxter Blue silver tip brush in the mail today! They were kind enough to include tubes of their shave cream and AS gel, as well. I haven't seen any threads with pics of the Baxter Blue, so I thought I'd give you guys a peek. Don't mind the rat in the cup. SWMBO has been decorating for Halloween :wink2:

My only quality brush before this was an AOS fine badger. Needless to say, I was pretty excited about receiving this one. The first thing I noticed was how nice it felt out of the box. It has some heft! Feels very solid. I like it! Here she is out of the box.
proxy.php

For comparison, here are some other brushes. L-R: AOS Fine, Baxter Blue, VDH Boar, late '90's Body Shop synthetic.
proxy.php

I brewed up a cup of Teavana Tranquil Dreams, grabbed my kettle of hot water and headed in.

Yup, she's a looker.
proxy.php

I first tried lathering with the B.O.C. shave cream but gave up after three attempts. It just...disappeared after 15 or 20 swirls. So I reached for ol'-reliable-in-the-green-tube Proraso. Squeezed out my normal amount and watched the lather explode.
proxy.php

proxy.php

All ready to go!
proxy.php

How was it using the brush? Ahhhh luxury, thy name is silver tip! I've been pretty happy with my AOS brush and had wondered if a silver tip might be TOO soft and floppy. Nope. This brush felt great! It was soft, but not floppy.

Here it is after Kyle's prep, 3 passes and a touch up. It's not ready to stop, yet!
proxy.php

Finally, here is the Baxter and AOS in all their bloomin' glory.
proxy.php

I actually didn't think I'd ever get a silver tip brush, so a big thanks to B&B and Baxter for this great gift. I shall sleep a happy man tonight.

Jerry

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Here is the Nancy Gift Set won by vmichael. Thanks for sending me the pic and enjoy! Thanks again to Nancy Boy for providing us with such great prizes.

proxy.php

Today I scored the recipt for my donation along with collectible photo cards of... some smiles in need of loving care and a photo album to put them in. Hate to say it, but those kids need their B&B Circus prizes more than any of us need the brushes and creams.

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors for doing this circus and tying it in with a worthy cause that suits B&B so well. (And thanks for not using one of these... more motivating pictures on the B&B home page.)

Last edited:
Got mine today! PM coming your way johnniegold to confirm that.
Here's a quick picture:
proxy.php

Thank you Nancy Boy, B&B, and the mods!!

Got my Nancy Boy gift too!!!:biggrin::biggrin: Same as the ones seen above was not able to post pic though. Can't wait to try it out. Big thanks to Nancy Boy.

Well, my wonderful wife emailed the (not so good) picture to me! (I've used the 1805 already...:redface:)

Thank you, Mods and T&H!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The prizes from the B&B Carnival of Smiles are coming in from all over. Thanks for sharing those great pictures with everyone. :thumbup1:

My Goodfella arrived about an hour ago:

proxy.php

Will put it through its paces over the next week or so and post a review. Thanks again B&B and Goodfella! :001_wub:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The B&B Carnival of Smiles prizes reaching our winners in New York City and Osaka, Japan.

Gotta love it. Thanks for the pics and enjoy those great prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom