What's new

The 'C' Word

I want to know once & for all - who actually does make the sharpest DE blades??? I want to know... I demand to know? :) I want the keenest, thinnest, sharpest more death-defying man made double-edged blade! Like a child finding the magical Golden ticket of razor blades in a Willy Wonker razor blade film... 'I WANT ONE! WHERE IS IT? IT'S NOT FAIR... I WANT IT KNOW!!!' But alas, like all fairy tales - it just never happens. We've read that Feather make a really sharp blade - but who makes better? Does it get to the point where any thinner & it wouldn't be useable because it would flex far to much? Like a Japanese sword, it needs both strength & flexibility. How thin can they go!? :p

personna 74s. haven't been made in years.

There may be gay men in society who have concerns that these razors are to be referred to as 'straight'? :) That may cause them to disown these particular razors & start picking safety razors instead - which nobody refers to as 'straight' safety razors!? Are the blades any less straight compared to their previous choice??? :p I don't care what these blades are called. So long as they're sharp & do the job they were intended for! What concerns me more than anything is, who actually makes the sharpest blades? Somebody must have some specs on these blades???

We must be sensitive and politicaly correct. Straight razor implies gay men can't use them. Cut throat razor implies only murderers can use them. Straight edge razor implies only an engineer can use them. So for clarity and political correctness I think we should say

"Non gender specific exposed blade shaving device".

That is what I think unless somebody is offended by this. If somebody is offended feel free to come up with your own name.

Don't think I've ever heard the phrase 'c*t t*r**t' used to describe a straight, on this board, or any other. Is it bad ju-ju, or something?

I don't think of it as "bad ju-ju", it's just a word. or combination of two words... cut throat.

The word is not going to shave you, the razor is, and if you are not careful, it could cut your throat, or your face, or your nose, or your ear...

We could start calling them "cut nostril" or "cut earlobe"... it will not change what it is... a razor that when open has a fully exposed blade without any 'safety' bar.

Why straight razor? I certainly hope all razors have a straight edge, so I suspect because when it is fully opened it is in a straight line from tip of scale to tip of blade. I can't find any reference to prove or disprove that theory.

Now... I would think a word that would cause more "bad ju-ju" would be "Norelco" :lol:

He said those words! He must repeat them three times backwards or we're all cursed!
taorht tuc
taorht tuc
taorht tuc

:lol::lol:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Google "Sweeny Todd": About 4,870,000 results

A new Winner!

I shall call my straights "Sweeney Todd" from now on.

So, I used a French point Sweeney Todd this morning. It was awesome! :laugh:

He said those words! He must repeat them three times backwards or we're all cursed!
taorht tuc
taorht tuc
taorht tuc

:lol::lol:

Here we go...

Beetlejuice...
Beetlejuice...

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Cut throat is still a better word for it than what the french use: "Coupe choux" which means Cabbage cutter. There is also a forum where french straight razor fans congregate which is called the coupe-choux-club: http://www.coupechouclub.com/

Funny, I was tempted to mention it but I didn't. I think it just sounds funny...

Also, not as friendly as B&B! :001_rolle

There may be gay men in society who have concerns that these razors are to be referred to as 'straight'? :) That may cause them to disown these particular razors & start picking safety razors instead - which nobody refers to as 'straight' safety razors!? Are the blades any less straight compared to their previous choice??? :p I don't care what these blades are called. So long as they're sharp & do the job they were intended for! What concerns me more than anything is, who actually makes the sharpest blades? Somebody must have some specs on these blades???

I don't have any issue with referring to my razors as being straight, Heck, I can even say I'm on the straight and narrow with work these days..

But I certainly can't refer to myself as being totally straight:thumbup:

Begs the question though, How many of us LBGT folk in this forum section? :thumbup1:

Top Bottom