What's new

The Brotherhood Of Mustachioed Badgers

Anyone have advice on growing a handlebar? Even without trimming, it never seems to get long enough.
Cannot beat terminal length if that is the issue, (which I suspect is connected to diet and weight). That's the limit on when your 'tache stops growing.
If you look at my profile pic, I have the beginnings of a respectable English / Handlebar / Walrus, albeit ill kept. That was 15 years ago, when if left untrimmed it would grow down to my chin.
Now my terminal length is just around my lower lip.

Anyone have advice on growing a handlebar? Even without trimming, it never seems to get long enough.
Here is mine now, with a beard. You just can't trim at all, especially over the lip, all of it needs to grow out. Mine is wirey and does not do well with waxes. This was done first with a curler and hairdryer, then hairspray.
I don't know what your mustache looks like, but the hardest part is letting it grow past you upper lip. When it get longer it is much easier to comb to the sides, but earlier it will want to go into you mouth. At that point wax out got-2b-glued hair jell can help.
proxy.php

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Here is mine now, with a beard. You just can't trim at all, especially over the lip, all of it needs to grow out. Mine is wirey and does not do well with waxes. This was done first with a curler and hairdryer, then hairspray.
I don't know what your mustache looks like, but the hardest part is letting it grow past you upper lip. When it get longer it is much easier to comb to the sides, but earlier it will want to go into you mouth. At that point wax out got-2b-glued hair jell can help.
proxy.php

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
Nice!

Anyone else have a seasonal Mustache/Beard?
I find in the warmer months the mustache goes normal and the beard gets shorter but come October I feel the need to start growing the beard out and turn the Mustache into a Christmas handlebar. Happens every year [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i have the need to grow out my mustache until the wife complains.
That's pretty much how it goes with me. My wife hates the curls and split of The handlebar. I'm safe for a couple months out of the year before she wants it trimmed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

here is a picture one year later from the one i have a little higher in the thread. i guess it is still growing. i am really thinking about making a change however and trying a new style.
20201011_181723.jpg

Top Bottom