What's new

The BRGAS (Back Roads Gold Appreciation Society)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I got a tech from Greece that took 5 weeks...

~doug~
I saw some movement today with the USPS tracking: "Inbound out of customs". At least, it was scanned again after sitting for 6 days. It left Greece for the States on Nov. 3rd.. got to the States on the 6th. As long as it isn't lost, I'm OK not getting it for a while.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Well, I sent Chris 3 Fatboy’s, they arrived in 3 days. Chris was amazingly fast and had them cleaned replated and ready to go in 4 days. He sent them back to me on the 3rd and that’s the last I’ve heard. My package of beautifully restored, replated razors are languishing within the USPS somewhere between Montana and my home. Sigh . . .
I just sent my "Fatboy on the Loose", my A4 Red Tip, Aristocrat, and FBT cap to Chris on Thursday, and they are "in transit" at this moment. The waiting begins.

~doug~

I've bought 3 replated techs from Chris' etsy store and his work is really that good. Pictures don't do them justice. I bought a gold pre war and both a nickel and gold post war. I decided to keep the gold post war and will sell the other two. The post war just shaves way more comfortably to me and I prefer the look of the gold over the nickel. Hopefully in the future I will buy again. Either a New or a late 40's Aristocrat.

:crying: We love pics.
Ask and ye shall receive!!

FD235F17-90B7-408C-9330-835AC84BEED5.jpeg599E5B43-773F-4E24-A3B7-85F1E25C70EC.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
That poor orphan Boy is having the best adoption ever. From few prospects in a halfway house across the street from the historic Montana State Prison to living the lush life in SoCal. Now, after a little "work", a complete spa and makeover.
De luxe!
I'm sure that Fatboy on the Loose has plenty of stories to tell. :kyle1:

~doug~

New arrival: "I'm in" as far as Back Roads Gold and Chris Spencer are concerned. My first vintage Gillette was a slim with good finish, but needing a bit of straightening and adjusting of the guards. Reading about BRG in the Excalibur thread motivated me to send it to Chris. It came back almost immediately in perfect shape, as I'm sure you all would expect. Soon thereafter he did a gold plating of another slim. And just last week he sent me a pristine 59 tech that shaves beautifully and looks great. No one on this thread will be surprised at another endorsement, so I'll probably reserve future praise for Chris' work for venues where he may not be so well known. It's been great looking at all your pics, but I'm trying to manage my newbie's RAD, and you're not helping any. Best wishes for the dregs of 2022 and a ripping good New Year to one and all, and to all a good night.

Top Bottom